The Donor Relations Associate is accountable for delivering and growing our annual giving programs. The Donor Relations Associate focuses on all aspects of fund development, including direct mail, online, corporate giving, third-party events, and delivering strategic communication and stewardship for current and prospective donors.
The Donor Relations Associate will have a personal passion and skill for securing gifts, building long-lasting relationships, and ensuring an excellent donor experience. You are a storyteller and have thorough knowledge and understanding of fundraising principles. You love connecting with people; you can inspire others and lead fundraising campaigns independently with excellent attention to detail, analysis, and follow-through. You are not afraid to try new things and understand the importance of evaluating your successes and your failures. Salary Range: $31.35-$37.32/hour
Posted On: October 26, 2022
Closing On: November 25, 2022
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Employment Type: Other
Job Experience: Intermediate
Salary Range: $31.35-$37.32/hour
Monica Place, KW Counselling and Carizon Family and Community Services are planning to unify. As we begin to work more closely together, we are excited to share postings across all three organizations. The lead organization for this role is Carizon Family and Community Services.
Are you passionate about contributing to the community? Are you interested in working for an organization that helps families thrive by strengthening their mental health and wellbeing?
Carizon Family and Community Services helps families thrive in their communities by strengthening their mental health and wellbeing. Our vision is to inspire and facilitate Hope, Wellness, and Community through the uniquely tailored services we provide.
We deliver Children’s Mental Health, Counselling, and Community Services that foster the health, skills, confidence, and resilience of every person we serve. We believe that when we help families manage life’s challenges and develop strategies to move forward, we create a healthy and vibrant community for all.
Ideally, we would like someone who could work full-time (35 hours/week),however we are flexible and open to someone working part-time (28 hours/week).
- Work collaboratively with the Director of Development, execute a robust Annual Giving program that delivers growth and an excellent donor experience for current and prospective donors.
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies encompassing donor cultivation, solicitation and retention, social media campaigns and event plans.
- Responsible for raising a targeted amount towards our annual fundraising goal.
- Develop the donor pipeline by organizing and conducting a target amount of calls and meetings and determining appropriate engagement strategies for different audiences.
- Create compelling donor-centric communications, providing excellent stewardship to ensure strong retention and donation growth.
- Embrace a relationship-based strengths approach to philanthropy to build relationships that advance donors, volunteers, and community partners through the donor cycle.
- Assist in grant-writing, research, and writing and submitting timely and compelling funding proposals that focus on donor’s needs and matching these to the organizational priorities.
- Provide leadership to optimize donor database use, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of donor records and analyzing data to inform and evaluate fundraising strategies.
- Research and recommend new fundraising opportunities.
- Collaborate with colleagues and team members across the organization and at all levels to achieve shared outcomes.
- Continually research and stay current on best practices within fundraising and development.
- Perform other duties necessary to support the success of development for Carizon and serve as an agency representative to the community.
- To always perform work safely and in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA)
RESPONSIBILITIES COMMON TO ALL CARIZON EMPLOYEES:
- Demonstrate commitment to continuously improving professional excellence
- Participate in translating the Carizon vision into successful outcomes through involvement in all the processes and activities
- Ensure awareness and maintenance of best practices and standards for agency activities
- Develop and maintain positive professional relationships with others
- Incorporate and strengthen a team-based working environment that empowers staff to be collectively responsible for ensuring the agency achieves its mission
- Contribute to overall agency operations by embracing change and innovation ensuring excellence in customer service
- Post-secondary degree with a focus in Communications, Fundraising, Business, or related field.
- CFRE designation, or in progress, is considered an asset.
- Minimum of three years of experience and demonstrated success in fund development and communications in the charitable sector, leading and executing fundraising campaigns that deliver growth, with direct marketing, story-telling, and excellent donor stewardship experience.
- Excellent presentation and storytelling skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including proven ability to build relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to develop creative fundraising solutions and market these to potential/existing donors
- Ability to manage time, deadlines and competing priorities
- Excellent planning, organizational, collaboration, resiliency, and time management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and situations with professionalism, sensitivity, and discretion.
- Self-directed with high capacity to manage multiple priorities and timelines, with a high level of initiative and resourcefulness.
- Competency in Microsoft Office and strong aptitude and proven experience in fundraising systems.
- Regular use of computers and phone
- Work takes place in an office environment and within the community
- Travel will be required within the Region of Waterloo with no overnight stays
- Evenings and weekends are sometimes required
- Must have a valid driver’s license, access to a reliable vehicle, and applicable auto insurance
- A police check for the vulnerable sector is required
- Must be able to provide either proof of vaccination or documentation providing a satisfactory reason under the Ontario Human Rights Code for not being vaccinated
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume and cover letter through https://carizon.bamboohr.com/