Do you want to play a role in delivering an exceptional donor experience? Are you curious about how to harness the power of data to drive decision making? Are you passionate about making positive change? The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital team is on a growth trajectory, and to make that vision a reality, we have an important role for you in transforming healthcare for our Guelph-Wellington community now, and in the years to come.
The Donor Experience and CRM Specialist is a new position on our growing team, and reports to the Senior Manager, Philanthropic Programs. This role is pivotal in realizing our strategic goal of optimizing our operational capacity. Salary Range: $43,360 to $56,209
Posted On: September 20, 2023
Closing On: October 27, 2023
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $43,360 to $56,209
Above all, you will take a proactive approach to harnessing the power of our database, think like a fundraiser, and advise on how best to input and extract data for the benefit of our communication, prospecting and reporting needs. We’re seeking an early to mid-career professional, passionate about advancing the mission of The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital to transform healthcare through giving and interested in growing with us in the years to come.
The success of the candidate in this position will be in part determined by their collaboration with colleagues across the Foundation and wider hospital.
Together with Guelph General Hospital, we seek to create a healthier community for everyone.
Please send a cover letter and resume in confidence to email@example.com with subject line referencing the job title. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and are encouraged prior to October 9, 2023.
Customer Relationship and Project Management
- Supports our technology infrastructure and resources required to help the Foundation meet its current and future fundraising goals
- Implements new system development and implementation, ensuring quality, accuracy and confidentiality of data while adhering to compliance obligations
- Partners with team members to produce fundraising reports, queries, list-pulls, dashboards and data analysis that help us meet our business objectives
- Trains and supports our Foundation team on Raiser’s Edge and other systems (including writing and maintaining user guides and standardized procedures), and builds in-house expertise
- Reviews and implements recommendations on our technology stack, including project managing database clean up projects, refreshing and enhancing current data collection and integration, improve efficiencies by reducing manual manipulation of data, and expand capacity for digital fundraising
- Review current database and data management processes and identify opportunities for efficiency and improvement
- Provide benchmarking data and dashboards to inform decision-making
Donor Experience Support
- Collaborating with the Donor Relations Coordinator to support timely gift processing and acknowledgement, providing back up support as needed and during peak times to ensure service standards are consistently met or exceeded
- Ensure regular updates to donor acknowledgement templates that connect donors with the impact of their giving
- Manage donor recognition including tracking donor preferences, naming opportunities, and annual updates to donor wall
- Monitor, develop and implement policies and procedures relating to gift acceptance, financial processing, gift agreements, designated fund tracking, donation handling, receipting and other areas as required
- Ensure compliance with relevant policies and legislation including and not limited to CASL, PCI Compliance, FIPPA, CRA etc.
- Contribute to annual business planning for the Foundation and monitor benchmarks to ensure revenue growth and program success.
Required Experience and Skills*
- Advanced knowledge of Raiser’s Edge database and/or other fundraising CRM
- Advanced computer literacy, and high level of proficiency Microsoft Office Suite (especially Word and Excel) and other tools as required.
- Experience with and knowledge of online fundraising platforms, and data integration.
- Excellent project management, decision-making, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Commitment to highest levels of professional standards and ethics, and knowledge of charitable regulations.
- Passion for transforming healthcare through giving
- Demonstrated commitment to advancing equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work well under pressure, motivated by deadlines and measurable outcomes.
- University or college degree in library science, communications, business or other relevant field preferred or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Preference for 3-5+ years of progressive experience in fundraising environment, such as digital marketing, gift processing and administration, database analysis and reporting,
Desirable Attributes and Competencies
- Self-starter who can think strategically and with imagination, who possesses a good sense of humour along with the ability to inspire others
- Ability to understand the needs and interests of internal and external stakeholders
- Track record working effectively in a fundraising environment
- Experience with capital campaigns, healthcare sector and knowledge of the Guelph community are strong assets.
*Not everyone fits neatly into a box. We value the new perspectives and skills that divergent experience brings. If you have transferrable skills from other areas, and feel you can make a meaningful contribution to our work, please apply.
What we offer:
Fast-paced, customer-service and mission-driven team environment. Occasional evening or weekend work such as events.
This is a regular full-time position, based on 37.5 hour of work at our Guelph location, with the expectation that managers will flex their time to meet the shifting demands of the job to ensure a fulfilling balance of work/life. Potential for flexible/remote work, with the majority of days being in our Guelph office, particularly in the first few months.
Salary range is $43,360 to $56,209. Exact salary will be commensurate with skills and experience, and in accordance with internal equity and guidelines. An excellent benefit package including a defined benefit pension plan is included within a healthy and respectful workplace, which provides equal opportunities to people with disabilities.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of patients, staff and our community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, The Foundation of Guelph General Hospital requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada prior to their start date.