We are currently seeking a Full Time Donor Engagement Specialist to join our team. Are you a passionate fundraiser who enjoys surprising and delighting donors? Do you want a meaningful position that allows you to contribute to the greater good in your community? Then Acclaim Health is the place for you!
Closing Date: June 24, 2022
Salary Range: $50,455.00-$56,788.00
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Experience: Intermediate
Acclaim Health is a registered charity with over 600 employees that helps over 25,000 people a year. We are Halton’s most trusted home care and community support services provider – and have been for over 90 years. We have a proud and strong culture of caring for our patients, clients, and our colleagues.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Collaborating with the Community Engagement team to develop an annual fundraising plan and capital campaign plan
- Leading the planning and execution of direct mail appeals
- Leading the welcome process for new donors to Acclaim Health
- Assisting in the planning and execution of fundraising initiatives, including:
- major gifts
- special events
- grant applications and reports
- Participating in donor stewardship activities to surprise and delight donors at all giving levels
- Participating in the implementation of any capital campaigns, including:
- prospect research
- major gift solicitations with your portfolio
- donor stewardship and follow-up
- Supporting the Imagine Canada Standards accreditation process as required by the Donor Engagement Manager
- Leading use of the Donor Perfect donation processing platform for the team, including:
- adopting new functionality
- optimizing the platform for Acclaim Health use
- training colleagues
- writing applicable SOPs
- and solving any processing issues
- Building strong relationships with colleagues across the organization in order understand program needs and to tell the Acclaim Health story in a compelling way
- Representing Acclaim Health at various community and funder events
- Tracking and assessing the effectiveness of direct mail and making recommendations to the Community Engagement team
- Maintaining donor privacy and confidentiality
- Monitoring direct mail expenditures
- Proactively seeking to broaden and/or deepen your knowledge of the fundraising and home and community care sectors
- Having fun – note that spontaneous dancing and pompom use may occur!
Work / life integration:
- This is a full time, 37.5 hour a week position.
- Some weekend and evening work may be required for events, but you can bank this time to be used at a later date.
- The exact ratio of remote/in-person work can be tailored to the successful candidate’s preferences, with the understanding that some of the work can only be done in person (i.e. events, donor meetings).
- Benefits and a defined contribution RRSP program are available.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in fundraising or related field
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and time management skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, fundraising software (Donor Perfect preferred)
- Detail oriented, accurate and organized
- Proven ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team member
- Valid Ontario’s driver’s license, use of vehicle and insurance per company policy
- Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination
How to apply?
Commitment to social justice:
Acclaim Health is an equal opportunity employer and are actively working towards a more inclusive, diverse and equitable world. We recognize that our work environment is stronger – and our care more effective – when it includes people of varying race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, family status or disability status.