The Donor Communications Specialist will help champion the impact of the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford to communities by developing and executing communications and marketing plans designed to engage, inspire, and motivate.
Reporting to the General Manager, Marketing & Communications and with a dotted-line report to the Fund Development Office, the Donor Communications Specialist role, with a donor-centric approach, is responsible for preparing various marketing and communications materials for the primary purposes of cultivating charitable giving, demonstrating mission impact and stewarding donors. This role supports the Fund Development Office and collaborates closely with operational leads and subject matter experts, generating content, and executing tactical work based on the strategic and philanthropic goals of the Association. Salary Range: $50,000 – $57,000
Posted On: December 7, 2022
Closing On: December 16, 2022
Location: 79 James Street South Hamilton, Ontario, L8P 2Z1
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Experience: Junior
Salary Range: $50,000 – $57,000
Hamilton Downtown Family YMCA – Marketing & Communications Department
Why work at the Y?
Our work environment is defined by respect, teamwork, opportunities for personal and professional growth and investments in the health and wellness of the people who are part of that team. We offer an array of total rewards to recognize loyalty, longevity, and passion for the work we do:
• Paid Vacation Entitlements that increase with seniority (subject to eligibility)
• Competitive total compensation packages
• Group health and benefits plans (includes medical, dental, and prescription medication, subject to eligibility) • Generous pension plans with employer matching
• Free YMCA Health & Fitness Memberships
• Reduced rates for YMCA Child Care, Camp, and Child & Youth programs (subject to eligibility)
• In partnership with and in support of the Fund Development Office, plan, develop, execute, and maintain an omnichannel communications plan in alignment with the organizational fundraising strategy to support promotion and marketing of key fundraising initiatives and impact storytelling across YMCA programs and services.
• Support digital and fundraising campaigns (from planning to execution and monitoring including, scheduling, setting key performance indicators, securing visuals, social media posting, monitoring performance & adjust as needed, analytics).
• Develop appropriate metrics for social media channels and e-newsletters, to determine impact and reporting on the performance of all digital marketing campaigns.
• Write clear, compelling copy for various mediums and publications such as annual reports, press releases, social media, and e-newsletters that align with our charitable mandate, advocacy strategy, and policies.
• Ensure high quality writing standards, reflecting YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford brand voice, tone and a donor-centric style.
• Create and manage content for traditional and emerging communications channels.
• Set objectives and track outcomes to ensure continuous improvement and feedback loops.
• Support execution of donor recognition commitments through YMCA communications channels, earned and paid media.
• Plan and coordinate community engagement events as needed, which may involve some evening or weekend work.
• Will be required to provide direction on a project/campaign basis to other members of the Marketing & Communications Team.
• Minimum of two years of demonstrated experience in creating multimedia (social media, digital marketing, content writing) to increase donor engagement, advocacy, and charitable giving.
• Post-secondary education focused on content writing, social media, communications, fundraising, or digital marketing.
• Technical knowledge and proficiency with all social media and latest digital marketing applications.
• Demonstrated experience developing and implementing public relations strategies and stakeholder and donor engagement plans for large organizations.
• A solid understanding of communications best practices, stakeholder engagement methods, and experience communicating with external audiences and community partners.
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills in English
• Proactive work ethic and the ability to deliver results in a fast-paced environment.
• Comfort leading and executing projects while working independently, or as part of a team.
• Curiosity and a learning mindset.
• Proven commitment to customer service, collaboration and partnering for mutual outcomes.
• Exposure to not-for-profit and charitable organizations is preferred
• Travel between YMCA locations will be required.
• May need to physically carry equipment or materials. • Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Vulnerable Sector Check Check as per the Association’s Policy.
-Communicates in a thorough, clear and timely manner and supports information sharing and goal achievements across the YMCA.
-Commitment to organization and values Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, outcomes and values of the YMCA.
-Leadership Motivates and inspires self and others to take action to achieve desired outcomes.
-Actively builds teams and encourages open relationships for maximum organizational effectiveness.
-Relationship Building and Collaboration.
-Builds positive interactions both internally and externally to achieve work related goals.
-Creativity and innovation Develops new ways or adapts existing ideas to improve programs and service.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your letter of application and resume, along with salary expectations, by Friday, December 16, 2022, attention:
We thank all applicants, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Acts (AODA) and have established policies, procedures and practices which adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate contacting our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.
Why Work for the YMCA?
As a charitable organization, the YMCA values the contributions of its diverse teams. We recognize the importance of providing meaningful opportunities that allow employees to grow and thrive. At the YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford, in addition to fair wages, we offer a complimentary general membership with additional options for family participation. A comprehensive benefits program is also available to employees including a competitive and robust pension program. YMCA Employees enjoy a generous vacation entitlement that increases with seniority, as well as other paid entitlements. All employees have access to an Employee Assistance Program which provides confidential counseling and referral services as well as preventative education. Additionally, the YMCA understands the holistic needs of its employees is equally important and attempts to support these goals by offering a variety of staff discounts on the programs and services that support good health and strong families. We look forward to welcoming you to the YMCA.