At Community Support Connections, we wake up each morning energized about the difference we make in the lives of our clients; people who could be your parents, grandparents, friends, or neighbours. Working with hundreds of amazing volunteers, donors, and community partners, we provide a wide range of community supports for older adults and people with different abilities to help them live at home with independence and dignity – something we all deserve. We are truly caring and client-centered, and are constantly innovating; looking for new and better ways to provide the best care and supports possible.
Community Support Connections
Director, Revenue Development
Full time, Management Level
Passion and commitment permeate everything we do. Driven by our values, we treat our clients, volunteers, donors, and each other, with dignity and respect. We recognize that diversity is the foundation for understanding the needs of our stakeholders. We believe the best way to serve our clients and volunteers is to create an environment and culture that empowers our staff to be as productive and happy as possible.
- Versatile work options including flexible hours and working from home
- Generous benefit days and group RRSPs
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Access to our Employee Assistance Plan
- On-site hot lunch options from our own kitchen
- Free parking
If what we do resonates with your core values then we want to hear from you!
The Role: We are seeking an experienced and analytical minded Director, Revenue Development, to join our team. We value the years of experience the new Director, Revenue Development will bring to the role and are excited for the opportunity to work with a natural-born organizational champion.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of accomplishment of developing and sustaining strategic relationships that assist in advancing the organization’s mandate; generate revenue for strategic initiatives, and create ambassadors in our community. This critical position will grow Community Support Connections’ revenue development strategy, including stewardship, and support fundraising and revenue efforts from the ground up.
As the key member of the Revenue Development Team, you will have primary responsibility for strategic planning of all revenue development, marketing, communications channels, and analyzing organization data to make strategic decisions to help grow and support Community Support Connections’ revenue development. You will also mentor, coach, and support team members.
- Serve as a key member of the senior leadership team, working closely with the Executive Director to establish overall organization strategy and goals and support the execution and attainment of the organization’s vision, purpose, strategy, brand promises and audacious goals.
- Build, manage, develop, and lead a high performing revenue development team which includes fundraising, direct marketing, sponsorships, grants, product sales, all with the goal of successfully hitting monthly targets and team goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Director and Director of Finance and Administration to define, execute, and achieve key annual initiatives and goals.
- Co-develop and manage the revenue and marketing budgets and be accountable for the results.
- Strategic planning including organizational positioning, market and competitive analysis, and product and services positioning.
- Create and foster a culture that motivates teams to exceed targets and provides on-going mentoring and support.
- Develop/refine the necessary Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools for effective relationship management and reporting.
- The Director, Revenue Development is responsible for generating new revenue for Community Support Connections through the promotion and sale of organizational products and services and by securing donations, grants, sponsorships and other revenue streams.
- Develop a data-driven, revenue strategy and action plan to grow new revenue and leverage relationships with new and existing partners and clients.
- Create and execute annual and quarterly revenue forecasts with the Executive Director and Director of Finance and Administration, within set targets.
- Develop and nurture networks to build and maintain a pipeline of prospective donors, partners, and clients.
- Must become knowledgeable to represent all of Community Support Connections’ products and services through a consultative sales and marketing approach.
- Track and report on leading performance metrics.
- Consistently achieve or exceed development targets.
- Track and prepare reports on revenue development progress for the Executive Director
- Establish and maintain client relationships to ensure ongoing support, tracking all engagement in CRM system.
- Understand the market and industry to identify key prospects and opportunities in driving revenue and increasing efficiency.
- Drive significant revenue growth through new partner and client development.
- Work with stakeholders to establish pricing (increase/decrease/services) that maximize revenue.
- Develop systems and teams that support our goals for short and long-term growth.
Marketing & Communications
- Develop a data-driven, marketing and communications strategy to grow new and existing relationships and revenue.
- Develop branding, direct marketing, and referral marketing strategies to support our goals.
- Collaborate with the Senior Leadership Team to define, build and communicate the internal and external Brand.
- Be accountable for developing, coordinating and delivering strategic communication campaigns, projects and change initiatives.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Business, Fundraising, Marketing, Sales, or Communications preferred.
- 8+ years of proven successful revenue development management experience.
- Experience managing and motivating successful revenue development teams.
- Experience/comfort working in a demanding, fast pace, complex, ever-changing environment
- Valid Driver’s License and daily access to a reliable vehicle for business-related travel
Technical Skills & Knowledge
- Capacity to quickly and accurately prepare a variety of documents and correspondences utilizing advanced features of software such as MS Office, SharePoint, Adobe Suite, and WordPress/HTML
- NetSuite, AlayaCare, and Mac literacy an asset
- Ability to manage logistics including event calendar, venue, and meeting coordination
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills, complemented by multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail
- Commitment to handling confidential material and information with discretion.
- Well-honed organization, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the non-profit/charitable sector, more specifically the older adult sector, is an asset
Working Hours & Environment
- Willing and able to work occasional evenings and weekends for prescheduled committee meetings, Board meetings and events
- Extensive computer and telephone use
- Opportunity to split work between home and main office, based on agency need
- On-site for event days to work with team members including for set up and tear down
If this role sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for to challenge yourself and showcase your abilities – we would love to hear from you!
We are happy to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for an interview and anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to let us know how to best meet your needs.
Check out https://communitysupportconnections.org/ to learn more about our programs and services! You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn!
IMPORTANT: Please note that some of the above functions and responsibilities have been reduced and/or are being performed in a different capacity during the pandemic. Regular business activities will resume when it is safe to do so.
COVID-19 Considerations: Community Support Connections has a comprehensive Preventing COVID-19 in the Workplace Safety Plan; all appropriate precautions will be taken during the recruitment process and upon hire.