TOP LEVEL DESCRIPTION
We are entering an exciting time in the history of our community. We are building a completely new kind of health foundation. One tied by a shared strategic plan (Aiming High) with our hospital. One that is committed that the patient experience is the donor experience.
We are in the quiet phase of the $258 million Care Never Stops Campaign with a public launch in May 2023. All this is a stepping stone to the vision of world class health care right here through the Building the Future of Care Together plan.
We are looking for a dynamic relationship builder to connect personally 1:1 with donors to engage them so we can all build this opportunity together.
Salary Range: $75,000 – $125,000
Posted On: November 16, 2022
Closing On: November 25, 2022
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Effective: January 9, 2023
Job Experience: Senior
Salary Range: $75,000 – $125,000
TEAM AND ORGANIZATIONAL VALUES
- Enable Easy – we always try to make working with us and the hospital as simple and easy as we can
- Tenacious & Relentless Action – we keep on keeping on, on an ask a no is just a ‘not yet’
- Transparent First – We share first and always with like-minded organizations and internally while shepherding the safety of private information
- Welcome One to Welcome All – we actively recruit and encourage different lenses, abilities, and cultures
- Trailblaze – better practice not best practice, we believe that doing things differently allows us to find new ways to connect and engage our community and embrace failure
- In Service and Hospitality – we strive to always be helpful and create an exceptional experience for donors, patients, and hospital staff
- You wake up in the morning with a passion to raise funds for your cause.
- Your follow-up is second to none, even your partner complains you send them too many follow-ups 😉
- You are autonomous and tenacious. Can take a vague request and get it done.
- You are a believer that together we can create an environment for you to do your best work.
- You are hungry to learn about philanthropic dreams and how you can make them come true for every donor.
- You can pour your heart into something. Past evidence of this.
- You are an incredible listener and a creative matchmaker who wants to align a donor’s highest philanthropic passion with the health system to maximize mutual benefit.
- You are attentive, patient, fun to be with, and oh-so-persistent. Our values resonate with you.
- You’re an original thinker and you get the best results when you can work in a culture that craves new ideas and change.
- You know how to close a deal. To work with a person and organization and get them to sign on the dotted line.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reach out to prospective donors (cold, warm, and hot) to engage and get a committed gift or partnership. Focused on larger investments but every single engagement with the community is valuable and you never know where it may lead.
- Spend most of your time (75%) talking to people about the Aiming High vision and how they can be a part of it through the Care Never Stops Campaign. And ensuring that they get the information and access they need.
- Spend the rest of your time learning about the health system’s needs, documenting your progress, and engaging with the Foundation team to create magic.
- Connect and work with enthusiastic fundraising volunteers to open doors and advance the hospital’s cause.
- Work with hospital staff and medical experts and engage them in the cultivation and stewardship process.
- Work with CEO and the rest of the Foundation Team on goals, objectives, and strategic plans for the campaign, including reports, budget plans etc.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Five years + of involvement in fundraising, sales, or partnership development roles with a proven track record of success and demonstrated experience.
- Successful experience in engaging people and developing cultivation and solicitation strategies for them.
- This role requires a results-oriented, dynamic, and enthusiastic individual with demonstrated relationship-building skills as well as a proven ability to “close the gift”.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to align major donor strategy with the Foundation and Hospital’s strategic plan and growth initiatives.
- Somebody who is pretty awesome, not afraid of failure and wants to stretch themselves to be part of an epic transformation in health care.
WHAT WE OFFER
- The annual salary is in Band D – $75,000 – $125,000 based on your experience and success
- 4 weeks vacation
- 4 day weeks from Victoria Day to Labour Day and during the month of December
- Full-time role with comprehensive benefits and HOOPP Pension
- Work, where you want (WWYW) – with planned team get-togethers and team strategy sessions every 12 weeks (#12wy). We do believe that this role needs close access to the Kitchener-Waterloo community too.
- Chromebook and Mobile (iPhone or Android)
- Fast-paced growth culture with big dreams and a mission to rally the community to create a world class health system
- An organization that is passionate about your success personally and professionally – we want to enable you to do the best work of your life
- An organization that is growing rapidly and committed to evolving philanthropy
- You apply, traditionally (resume, cover letter & portfolio) or not (video, greatest hits montage etc..)
- We welcome all, unequivocally, we just ask you to bring a passion for the values and the attributes
- It is unrealistic for us to believe we will find someone who fits this position 100% and that is just fine with us
- Speed Interview up to 10 selected candidates (5 min with each of 8-10 team members by Google Meet – sometimes we’ll do a next round more in-depth)
- We are hoping to have the role start on January 9th.
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our patients, staff and community from COVID-19, subject to any accommodation required by applicable human rights legislation, Grand River Hospital and Grand River Hospital Foundation requires that all staff have received all required doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by Health Canada.