Are you an experienced fund development leader who is passionate about supporting youth and veterans? Do you want to formulate Prince’s Trust Canada (PTC’s) fundraising strategy, drive its implementation and actively fundraise together with the team? Do you want to do meaningful work in a team environment that’s collaborative, fun, ambitious, forward looking?
If your answer is “Yes!”, we have more interesting details! Salary Range: $150,000 – $170,000
Posted On: March 29, 2023
Closing On: April 9, 2023
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $150,00 – $170,000
Contribute to skills and opportunities development for young people and veterans!
- Competitive salary
- Permanent, full-time
- Regular office hours with the occasional after-hours events, dinners, meetings and travel
- Hybrid work arrangement with at least 2 days in Downtown Toronto office
- 20 days of paid vacation and additional paid days off
- Full benefits
- Training allowance
- Pension plan
- Build the fund development team of 3 team members, opportunity to grow and develop as the organization evolves
- Establish the organization’s fund development strategy securing diverse multiyear multimillion donors
- Fundraise and identify sources of programs to continue offering programs for youth and veterans
- Co-create a capital campaign
- Ensure donors are stewarded
- Recruit, train, mentor and retain the fund development team
You probably want to know what’s involved.
The Ideal Candidate
If you have:
- 5+ years’ experience leading fund development in a charitable environment where impact is the name of the game
- Proven track record of raising millions of dollars in Canada
- Current network of donors in Canada
- Experience creating and executing capital campaigns
- Knowledge of the Canadian fundraising eco-system
- Sales and/or business development experience
- Strong communication skills
- Experience leading a team
- Working knowledge of Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite
- BBAFP (nice to have)
- Knowledge of fund development prospecting tools (nice to have)
- An excellent communicator in English and French (French is nice to have)
We want to hear from you!
We believe in the power of lifelong learning, social inclusion and overcoming obstacles.
We create and live a culture of collaboration and respect.
We champion positive change and ensure our actions are in harmony with our purpose. Responsibility.
We hold ourselves to high standards of leadership and service, with a commitment to local and global impact.
We reach out with compassion and meet people where they are.
A commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion underpins all of our work.
Creating impact through social, economic and environmental connections.
- Prince’s Trust Canada is a national charity that delivers skill-development and career exploration programs for young people and veterans in collaboration with community-based organizations, business and academic institution partners across Canada.
- Through innovative partnerships and guided by the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, our mission is to empower young people and Veterans to build resilient, future-ready communities. Our programs contribute to an inclusive and sustainable future for Canada by helping equity-deserving young people and Veterans explore, prepare for, and gain access to purposeful employment. Our work is inspired by our Founder and President, His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales, and his vision for a more sustainable future.
- Learn more about our amazing team, our mission and programs at Prince’s Trust Canada | LinkedIn | Facebook | Instagram
How to Apply
All Prince’s Trust Canada employees are subject to relevant accommodations or exemptions under the Human Rights Code are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at least 14 days before their first day of work.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in a single PDF document titled, your name – Director Fund Development in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 PM on April 9, 2023. Applications will be received and reviewed on an ongoing basis until this time, therefore early submission is encouraged.
Our hiring process is approximately 5 weeks from the time of application to job offer:
- Please note that only candidates selected for the interview will be contacted
- Phone interview
- Interview with the CEO and 2 other leaders + presentation of the project that will be assigned to you prior to this interview
- Meet and greet with a Board Member
- Final interview with the CEO
Prince’s Trust Canada is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace culture of inclusiveness that reflects the diverse communities that we serve. We are currently on a journey in rolling out our equity, diversity and inclusion strategy with measurable outcomes. We welcome and encourage applications from Indigenous, Black, racialized, 2SLGBTQIA+, women and people living with disabilities as we strive to build a more inclusive society. Accommodations are available to all applicants upon request. Please contact us at email@example.com and we will work with all applicants to accommodate any accessibility needs.