Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director, Development will be responsible for the implementation of our next long-term fundraising plan, developing a stewardship and donor engagement program, setting annual performance goals that support fundraising needs, and leading the fundraising team in support of these goals. The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced leader with a passion for the cause and demonstrated ability for relationship building and teamwork.
Closing Date: July 21, 2022
Salary Range: $120,000-$130,000
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Experience: Senior
- Working closely with our consultants and our senior leadership team, you will play a key role in the design and execution of a $10 million dollar Respite Campaign over the next 5 years
- Developing a short term and long term annual giving program
- Developing a planned giving program
- Leading the development and implementation of a stewardship and donor engagement program that fosters and nurtures long-term, meaningful relationships between ErinoakKids and its donors and sponsors.
- Identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new donor prospects
- Producing timely written progress reports.
- Ensuring the effective updating and utilization of Raiser’s Edge including attention to detail in information capture and full confidentiality of file maintenance.
- Ensuring the effectiveness of all fundraising communication materials and that the fundraising is well positioned both internally and externally.
- Supporting the fundraising team in achieving success of the overarching campaign, annual giving and planned giving goals.
- Special projects as assigned.
- University graduate in relevant field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and expertise.
- CFRE designation preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in the fundraising field, including proven experience in developing and achieving targets for campaigns, annual giving and planned giving.
- Eager to initiate and expand a variety of key donor relationships.
- Experience leading a team of professionals.
- Excellent computer proficiency, including MS Office Suite.
- Previous experience using Raiser’s Edge software a definite asset.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond quickly in a fast-paced fundraising environment.
- A detail-oriented individual who is able to multi-task effectively.
- Results-oriented and a creative thinker.
The successful candidate will be required to complete a police records check.
Please note that all prospective ErinoakKids employees are subject to mandatory immunization requirements, including the full and ongoing COVID-19 vaccination (three doses), as a condition of obtaining and maintaining employment.
We will make accommodations as provided for pursuant to the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants who require accommodations for disabilities or other specific grounds need to make their needs known in advance to Human Resources.
ErinoakKids is an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to being a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.