The Digital Fundraising Specialist will work with vendors to assist Digital Fundraising Manager with the development of the digital fundraising strategy, source or create donor-centric content and drive timelines to increase online giving and stewardship. There is a strong focus on donor renewal, new donor acquisition and donor retention strategies.
Salary Range: $48,933-$61,166
Posted On: August 3, 2023
Closing On: August 23, 2023
Location: Remote (with some in office meeting required in person)
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $48,933-$61,166
ABOUT THE SALVATION ARMY
The Salvation Army is an international Christian organization that began its work in Canada in 1882 and has grown to become one of the largest non-governmental direct providers of social services in the country. The Salvation Army gives hope and support to vulnerable people today and every day in 400 communities across Canada and more than 130 countries around the world.
The Salvation Army offers practical assistance for children and families, often tending to the necessities of life, providing shelter for people experiencing homelessness and food for families struggling to make ends meet.
The Salvation Army provides a wide range of services that includes immigrant and refugee settlement programs, anti-human trafficking initiatives, English classes, and parenting programs. People need to know they are not alone in their time of need—that they have an entire Army on their side. Everyone needs an Army and that’s why The Salvation Army exists.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
We are an innovative partner. Mobilized to share hope wherever there is hardship. Building communities that are just and know the love of Jesus.
Values are who we are and what we continually strive for. They guide all aspects of The Salvation Army in Canada and Bermuda.
HOPE – We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
SERVICE – We reach out to support others without discrimination.
DIGNITY – We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
STEWARDSHIP – We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Our social service activities include (but are not limited to):
- Hunger relief for individuals and families through food banks and feeding programs
- Shelter for people experiencing homelessness and support for those needing housing
- Rehabilitation for those struggling with addiction
- Long-term care and palliative care
- Christmas assistance such as food hampers and toys
- After school programs, camps and school nutrition programs for children and youth
- Life-skills classes such as budgeting, cooking for a family, and anger management
- Assist to develop and implement a strategic digital fundraising strategy to grow online giving from existing donors and acquire new donors – single gifts and monthly giving donors
- Collaborate with Communications and Marketing team to determine the timing and social media assets for each digital fundraising campaign
- Manage timelines for each campaign to ensure deadlines are met
- Coordinate the digital fundraising for Emergency Disasters – national and international, including immediate response, digital stewardship and collaboration with Marketing, EDS and World Services
- Identify opportunities to increase efficiencies and maximize revenue
Fundraising & Stewardship
- Employ a donor-centric approach to fundraising and stewardship
- Test digital fundraising strategies to determine the best approach for donor retention and acquisition
- Assist to develop and manage stewardship plans for online single gift and monthly donors, in conjunction with the Campaign Coordinator; maintain ongoing stewardship
- Monitor and report on digital fundraising donor acquisition and retention, and all digital fundraising campaigns
- Segment donor file to optimize donor experience and revenue potential
- Work with the Annual Giving Manager to create an integrated approach to fundraising through various channels
- Strategically manage and promote mobile giving
- Develop, administer and synthesize results for digital donor surveys
- Work with Database Manager to ensure donor data is captured accurately in Raiser’s Edge NXT
- Collaborate with the Communications and Marketing team to gather content for fundraising appeals, e-newsletters and digital stewardship
- Connect directly with divisions and clients to arrange for interviews, content and photo opportunities
- Edit content to ensure messaging is compelling, donor-centric and it meets The Salvation Army messaging guidelines
- Produce campaign reports and donors lists for divisions on a regular basis and as requested
- Key contact for online giving vendor
- Coordinate digital campaigns collaboratively with Marketing & Communications, assisting with digital creation and campaign execution as needed
- Provide back up to the Territorial Campaign Coordinator as needed
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
Education & Experience
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Fundraising, Marketing or equivalent experience
- 3 – 5 years of experience in annual giving fundraising, specifically digital fundraising
- Knowledge of fund development best practices and principles
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational and planning skills
- Writing and editing experience
- Graphic design experience is an asset
Required Skills & Knowledge
- Ability to lead projects to meet expected outcomes
- Strong knowledge of current and developing online fundraising strategies, social media, mobile and new technologies
- Thorough understanding of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge NXT and digital marketing tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- A demonstrated understanding of philanthropic trends both nationally and internationally
- Detail-oriented with a high level of accuracy
- Strong organizational and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks and a variety of demands
- Ability to query, segment and analyze data for reporting, identifying new growth potential and data trends
- Ensure compliance with all policies, regulations and laws
Successful candidates will be required to provide background check consent and education verification.
To apply for this position, please forward your resume and cover letter to THQ.Careers@salvationarmy.ca. Please include “Competition 23-80” in the subject line of your email. Only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
The Salvation Army will provide accommodation upon request. Please let us know if you have a need for any accommodation.
Internal applicants, please speak with your manager about your intentions prior to submitting your application.