Reporting to the Director, Digital Marketing, the Digital & Content Marketing Specialist is a vital member of the Marketing & Communications team. The role has the overall responsibility for content creation, social and community management, email deployment, as well as the planning, execution, tracking and reporting of digital marketing activities to achieve the Foundation’s brand awareness, engagement and fundraising goals.
Posted on: June 20, 2022
Closing Date: July 20, 2022
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000.
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Experience: Junior
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation (HHSF) is a registered charitable organization that exists to support patient care, research and education across the Hamilton Health Sciences family of hospitals and cancer centre (Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre (RJCHC), Hamilton General, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, McMaster University Medical Centre (MUMC) and St. Peter’s Hospital.
HHSF is committed to a values-based work environment that is characterized by:
- Caring: by our pursuit of a donor centered fundraising environment and the team environment in which we work
- Respect: for our donors our volunteers and each other
- Innovation: by our celebration of new ideas and challenges
- Accountability: by our transparency as a corporate entity and our commitment to meet the needs of our partner hospital.
HHSF is committed to the Donor Bill of Rights and to being a donor-centered organization. All members of the HHS Foundation Staff Team support development activities by ensuring the maintenance of accurate records of information on the Raisers Edge database. HHSF is committed to protecting the privacy of our donors and prospects.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Content creation:
- Research and write compelling copy primarily for digital channels with a focus on social media, email and web, as well as internal channels within the Hamilton Health Sciences network (HHS Daily Dispatch, HHS Share).
- Create engaging, visual content (images, infographics, video, animated .gifs) primarily for digital channels – both owned and paid media.
- Create and manage content for digital screens at Hamilton Health Sciences hospital sites.
- Adhere to brand and style guidelines to ensure the Foundation’s brand voice is communicated clearly and consistently across all channels.
- Support the management of the content calendar.
- Social media and community management:
- Be the day-to-day lead for all social media platforms including: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- Publish content across all social media platforms.
- Monitor, respond to and engage with our audiences in a timely manner across social media platforms in accordance with Foundation guidelines.
- Support Children’s Miracle Network/Canada’s Children’s Hospital Foundations and corporate partners on social media when required.
- Act as the lead for social media coverage at signature events such as MacKids Walk & Wheel, Strides, Illuminight and the annual gala.
- Monitor Facebook Fundraising initiatives, as well as other social-based fundraising.
- Email marketing:
- Create and deploy email marketing campaigns, including automated drip campaigns (triggered and recurring).
- Run A/B tests.
- Support audience segmentation and list management for email deployment.
- Track, measure and interpret social media, email and website metrics to assist in identifying trends and opportunities for optimization.
- Support monthly and quarterly data reporting.
- Work with the Corporate Services Team to help enhance the UX/UI of the Foundation’s donation pages.
- Provide support for updating and publishing content on the Foundation’s digital platforms.
- Incorporate both on-page and off-page SEO principles to build the Foundation’s visibility online.
- Propose creative and innovative ideas to drive engagement and conversions (donate, fundraise, or register for an event).
- Act as a digital and content marketing subject matter expert for internal stakeholders.
- Stay up to date on digital marketing best practice, as well as the latest developments and trends.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has a post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing from a recognized university or college.
- Has a minimum of three years of experience in digital marketing and content creation.
- Is a compelling writer/editor and natural storyteller who can skillfully adapt messaging for different audiences and channels.
- Understands mobile-first UX/UI principles and how users consume digital content.
- Is data-driven and champions a test-learn-optimize approach.
- Is a deeply curious, critical and an analytical thinker who always asks the “why”.
- Has solid project management skills, a sharp attention to detail and a can-do attitude.
- Is a strong relationship-builder who takes a customer-focused approach with cross-functional teams.
- Has a deep passion for all things digital and a commitment to ongoing learning.
- Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills and the flexibility to adapt to a variety of personalities and communication styles with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Is proficient with Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Canva, Adobe Creative Cloud design programs (for PC), and is comfortable using online project management tools such as Monday.com.
- Is experienced in design, photography and creating animated assets.
- Is experienced with shooting and editing videos in various formats such as Facebook/Instagram reels.
- Is experienced with Hootsuite and social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube, as well as their insights/analytics tools.
- Is familiar with Google Analytics, Google Search Console and SEO best practice.
- Is experienced with email service providers such as Luminate and Mailchimp.
- Is familiar with AODA and CASL.
- Experience with creating and executing social media, Google and display ad campaigns is an asset.
- Familiarity with CMS platforms such as Webflow or WordPress is an asset.
- Experience in the nonprofit sector and/or health care is an asset.
This position is based in Hamilton, Ontario. Due to the nature and scope of this role, some evening and weekend work is required, as well as occasional visits to the hospital sites. A hybrid work arrangement is available after completing three months of employment.
The salary range for this position is: $50,000 – $55,000.
About Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation:
Hamilton Health Sciences Foundation provides vital funding to enable the best possible patient care. We inspire and motivate gifts that fund medical equipment and patient amenities, innovative research initiatives, essential redevelopment of clinical care spaces, and the education and training of health care providers.
As a registered charitable organization, we proudly support patients and families across south-central Ontario, and from outside the region, who receive specialized care at Hamilton Health Sciences, including Hamilton General Hospital, Juravinski Hospital and Cancer Centre, McMaster Children’s Hospital, and St. Peter’s Hospital. The associated programs at the Regional Rehabilitation Centre, McMaster University Medical Centre, and Ron Joyce Children’s Health Centre are also included.
HHSF is an equal opportunity employer and will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application process, please contact Naoka Feth (905.521.2100 x 44249 or firstname.lastname@example.org) for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during the interview, the applicant will need to advise Naoka Feth when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
Please send a copy of your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line. The position will remain open until a candidate is selected for the role.
Please note: while we invite applications from all interested and qualified applicants, we are unable to follow-up with every applicant.