Reporting directly to the Vice President of Development, the Development Officer is the person in the major gift team who ensures the successful operation of a comprehensive stewardship program that involves key staff, board members and key volunteers as required. This person is also responsible for writing reports to foundations and corporations. The development officer also supports other Foundation stewardship as directed. This person plays an important role by providing administrative support to the capital campaign and participating in all fundraising activities including support for administration of major gifts, donor relations, and special events as required, and divides their time between the Welland and Niagara Falls Sites, with occasional time at the St. Catharines Site.
Salary Range: $55,000-$65,000
Full time, Intermediate level
Closing: December 22, 2021
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works with major gift officers to develop and implement stewardship strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major and leadership donors.
- Organizes a team effort to develop stewardship plans for donors at various recognition levels within the major and leadership giving program.
- Ensures that details of stewardship plans are compiled and communicated to all involved parties and that the plan is documented, implemented and included in the moves management system.
- Writes personal acknowledgment and stewardship letters for signature by executives, board members, and key volunteers as required.
- Identifies best practices at other organizations for stewardship planning and operation.
- Works with staff to arrange recognition events involving major donors as needed; attends stewardship events as required.
- Supports a process that prompts executives and assists them in maintaining personal contact with major donors and volunteers.
- Supports the Major Gifts team and Management with planning and execution of donor, sponsor and “VIP” events as needed.
- Writes grant proposals for Major Gift, Leadership Gifts and from time to time for Sponsorship proposals for the Foundation. As well as reports to foundations and corporations as determined by the grants calendar and grant reporting requirements.
- Develops and stewards relationships with current and prospective grantors to meet the mutually beneficial needs and execution of expectations of the Foundation.
- Supports as required by the Director of Communications, Marketing & Community Engagement in execution of annual giving stewardship and publications as needed.
- Supports in providing equipment specific information for publications and other programs.
- Supports the maintenance and upkeep of all physical Foundation donor walls, plaques and named areas.
- Ensures that donor stewardship and recognition is tracked and updated in donor records.
- Researches and creates the annual equipment priority information sheets for Foundation staff.
- Creates Major Gift and Leadership templates focused on donor usage experience and consistency.
- Supports the Events team in stewardship where required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in related field , or CFRE preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience preferred in fundraising or an equivalent client-focused environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively interpret, organize and present information and ideas in written or presentation form
- Demonstrated skills in organization and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; collegial, collaborative style, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to involved in activities or decisions
- Knowledge of heath care fundraising and stewardship practices highly preferred
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Niagara Health Foundation
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office – Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency using Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, including NXT or equivalent database
Please email you cover letter and resume to Pamela Shanks: email@example.com