Position Title: Development Officer
THE RIDLEY DIFFERENCE
Founded in 1889, Ridley College is a co-educational boarding and day school with over 700 students in JK to grade 12 from more than 50 countries worldwide. The Ridley experience integrates a traditional liberal arts education with individual learning enhanced by the principles of positive psychology, the International Baccalaureate continuum program, a learner-driven culture and campus community, exceptional athletics and dynamic arts programs, and a commitment of service to others. This unique combination prepares meaningful and flourishing lives by teaching the habits of mind, body and spirit, and the values needed to lead in a global society.
Ridley College is located on 90 acres in St. Catharines, Ontario in the heart of the Niagara Peninsula and is comprised of a stunning blend of century old buildings housing modernized technology.
Ridley offers the prospect of being part of a high-performance team in a nourishing workplace community that encourages collaboration, innovation, inclusivity and curious minds, and where grit and perseverance are assets. Joining the team at Ridley means you are committed to life-long learning and development, have integrity, and value being of service in a richly diverse community. We cultivate the full potential in each of our students by having a caring, committed and world-class team. Attracting, developing and retaining people who thrive in Ridley’s positive education culture that recognizes and celebrates individual strengths is critical to our success.
Reporting to the Manager of Development, the Development Officer will contribute to the fundraising cycle at Ridley College by helping to identify and manage a defined portfolio of prospects and donors. Specifically, this position will be responsible for overseeing annual fund projects and reunion giving and is accountable for achieving annual fundraising goals.
The incumbent will; manage a pipeline of prospects, conduct discovery calls, solicit support, develop proposals and fundraising communication materials, and support our stewardship and donor relations strategies. Further this position will become an integral member of our Ridley community working closely with parents and alumni to ensure our annual fundraising goals are achieved.
- Provides leadership for annual campaigns and supports the major gift development program.
- Develop and manage a portfolio of donors.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders and secure philanthropic commitments.
- Prepare donor gift agreements, acknowledgements, and recognition communications.
- Prepare briefing notes, solicitation plans and call reports.
- Work in conjunction with the college’s leadership team and Development Team to build and enhance a culture of philanthropy throughout the organization.
- In collaboration with Communications and Marketing, develop annual fund materials including proposals and appeals.
- Work closely with parents to share fundraising opportunities and grow revenue from our parent community.
- Work with alumni reunion groups to identify fundraising projects and targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree required plus 5+ years of experience in a fundraising/revenue generation leadership role with a proven track record of success.
- Experience in not-for-profit educational fundraising is considered an asset.
- Understanding of the charitable landscape including CRA regulations.
- Exceptional computer skills – proficiency using Raiser’s Edge and Microsoft Office programs.
- Strong organizational, analytical and relationship building skills.
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and, creativity.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, high energy, results oriented and the drive to exceed expectations.
- Manage multiple concurrent projects with conflicting deadlines, effectively using resources to achieve deliverables and manage competing priorities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build strong collaborative relationships with colleagues, donors, alumni, parents, and other stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Experience working with volunteers.
- Proven ability to motivate others, i.e. volunteers, team members, donors.
- Strong team player who values collaboration.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills.
- Must be flexible to work occasional non-traditional work hours that might include evenings and weekends based on operational needs.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fun, exciting, fast-paced environment.
Ridley College offers a positive and inclusive workplace community with a competitive compensation package; innovative, challenging and rewarding opportunities; a learning environment that promotes professional development and personal growth; active community involvement; and, a beautiful campus setting in the heart of Niagara that engages and inspires our employees to flourish.
HOW TO APPLY
Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply through: https://easyapply.co/job/development-officer-10?rcid=afp
Deadline for applications: July 26, 2022
As a condition of employment, a satisfactory Vulnerable Persons Screening Report must be provided. While all applicants are thanked for their interest, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Ridley College is committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible and equitable environment where everyone feels respected, valued and supported. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used in order to ensure your equal participation.
“We inspire flourishing lives to transform our globe.”