Founded in 1889, Ridley College is a co-educational boarding and day school with over 750 students in JK to grade 12 from more than 55 countries worldwide. The Ridley experience integrates a traditional liberal arts education with individual learning enhanced by the principles of positive psychology, the International Baccalaureate continuum program, a learner-driven culture and campus community, exceptional athletics and dynamic arts programs, and a commitment of service to others. This unique combination prepares meaningful and flourishing lives by teaching the habits of mind, body and spirit, and the values needed to lead in a global society.
Ridley College is located on 90 acres in St. Catharine’s, Ontario in the heart of the Niagara Peninsula and is comprised of a stunning blend of century old buildings housing modernized technology.
Location: St. Catharines, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $57,000 – $64,000
Posted On: November 21, 2023
Closing On: December 1, 2023
To apply, visit https://easyapply.co/job/development-officer-15?rcid=afp
The Development Officer will contribute to the fundraising cycle at Ridley College by helping to identify and manage a defined portfolio of prospects and donors. Specifically, this position will be responsible for overseeing reunion fundraising and young alumni projects and giving and is accountable for achieving annual fundraising goals.
Ridley offers the prospect of being part of a high-performance team in a nourishing workplace community that encourages collaboration, innovation, inclusivity and curious minds, and where grit and perseverance are assets. We strive to create a culture of belonging on campus based on trust, collaboration and cooperation, and to promote and deepen these shared values in all we do, with all members of our extended community.
Joining the team at Ridley means you are committed to life-long learning and development, have integrity, and value being of service in a richly diverse community. We cultivate the full potential in each of our students by having a caring, committed and world-class team. Attracting, developing and retaining people who thrive in Ridley’s positive education culture that recognizes and celebrates individual strengths is critical to our success.
- Develop fundraising programs and set and meet participation and dollar goals.
- Identify, evaluate, cultivate, solicit and steward donors for gifts and foster long-term relationships with these donors, which support the ongoing activities and reputation of the school.
- Foster long-term relationships with donors within the alumni community and manage a portfolio of current and prospective donors.
- Oversee programs to engage and inspire students and young alumni, including leading the GOLD (Graduates of the Last Decade) program to foster strong volunteer-driven fundraising and engagement among our young alumni.
- Educate and inspire a culture of giving, engagement, and volunteerism among graduating students including overseeing the “Gratitude Fund”.
- Work with class agents to identify fundraising opportunities during their quinquennial reunions aligned with the school’s strategic direction and oversee all class wide communications.
- Develop the next generation of alumni leaders, volunteers, and benefactors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University Degree required plus 1+ years of relevant experience in a fundraising/revenue generation.
- Experience in developing and implementing successful fundraising strategies.
- Experience in not-for-profit educational fundraising is considered an asset.
- Ridley Alumni (OR) would be an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and experience working with a database.
- Detail-oriented with ability to multi-task, organize, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Self-motivated, high energy, results-oriented and the drive to exceed expectations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build strong collaborative relationships with colleagues, donors, alumni, parents, and other stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Must be flexible to work occasional non-traditional work hours that might include evenings and weekends based on operational needs.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fun, exciting, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain accuracy and confidentiality working with donor records.
- Passionate about education and the mission of Ridley College.
Ridley College offers a positive and inclusive workplace community with a competitive compensation package; innovative, challenging and rewarding opportunities; a learning environment that promotes professional development and personal growth; active community involvement; and a beautiful campus setting in the heart of Niagara that engages and inspires our employees to flourish.