Oakville Hospital Foundation (OHF) is currently seeking a collaborative, strategic, and thoughtful individual to join its major gifts team. OHF has embarked on a new campaign and, as the Development Officer, Philanthropy, you will enthusiastically build and nurture meaningful relationships with donors and prospective donors to advance the Foundation’s fundraising priorities in support of Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital. Salary Range: $61,660-$77,000
Posted On: November 7, 2023
Closing On: December 1, 2023
Location: Oakville, On & Hybrid
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $61,660-$77,000
This is what you’ll be doing:
- Actively develop and implement strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward donors, building a robust portfolio of donors with the capacity to give major gifts from the ground up.
- Create and implement creative and quality stewardship that inspires donors to make multi-year commitments and/or stretch gifts.
- Develop tailored fundraising materials, including proposals, impact reports, briefing materials, and presentations.
- Strategically involve members of the OHF and OTMH senior teams, physicians, staff, and volunteers to develop relationships and create meaningful stewardship opportunities.
- Develop a business plan and budget for your portfolio of donors and participate in the development of the team’s overall plans and pipeline, measuring results against expected outcomes.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate donor/prospect profiles and records of contact.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
- Demonstrated achievements in fundraising or related experience.
- Team player who is open to collaboration and thrives in a fast-paced and evolving work culture.
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication (written and oral), and relationship building skills with the ability to inspire and motivate others.
- Capability to manage competing priorities and multiple tasks while maintaining a strong attention to detail, accurate records in Raiser’s Edge, and a commitment to achieving performance metrics, which include a personal new revenue financial goal.
Why join our team?
- An open, motivating, collaborative, and family friendly workplace culture that actively invests in its talent (and we mean it!).
- Competitive compensation, three weeks of vacation to start, and the opportunity for performance-based increases.
- A pension plan (HOOPP).
- Benefits and perks that include comprehensive health benefits, cellphone and laptop, and onsite gym access.
- As professional development is considered a key performance indicator, funding is available to pursue professional development and certifications.
Hours: Monday – Friday, 7.5 hour days
Salary range: $61,660-$77,000
Site: Oakville, ON- hybrid
Other considerations to note:
- This position currently reports to the Director, Philanthropy, with the possibility of a change in reporting structure in the future.
- Flexibility in hours to accommodate various meetings and events with staff, volunteers and donors is required.
- Ability to travel to meet with donors, volunteers, and stakeholders as needed.
- This position can be onsite or hybrid with the flexibility to determine your onsite days.