Lighthouse Festival is searching for a passionate and dynamic theatre minded individual to fill the role of Development Officer – Partnerships. They will join our Development department, working in collaboration with the Development Officer – Donors as well as the Marketing & Communications Officer.
The Development Officer – Partnerships will oversee strategic partnerships for all Lighthouse Festival Theatre locations including Lighthouse Theatre, Roselawn Theatre and Simcoe Little Theatre. The sponsorships secured by the Development Officer – Partnerships are essential to the success of the theatre as they help support daily operations, patron experience, special programs and more. This role is predominantly based out of Lighthouse Festival’s head office in beautiful lakeside Port Dover, Ontario. Salary Range: $43,000 – $52,000
Posted On: November 18, 2022
Closing On: December 2, 2022
Location: Port Dover, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Experience: Intermediate
Salary Range: $43,000 – $52,000
Effective: January 9, 2023
Lighthouse Festival has been dazzling audiences with live Canadian theatre for over 40 years. Devoted to the development and production of new and existing Canadian plays, Lighthouse Festival strives to be artistically excellent, support and encourage local and regional artists, and be a source of enjoyment and pride in our communities. With locations in Port Dover, Port Colborne, and Simcoe, our theatres operate under a central policy of hospitality, inclusivity, originality, and community for all.
As a workplace, Lighthouse Festival strives to cultivate a culture of creativity, honesty, and community leadership. A long-standing non-profit organization, Lighthouse operates as a tight knit team of talented individuals committed to the theatre’s success. Our theatres are bursting with activity and operate all year round. The main summer season focuses on professional comedy productions, while the fall through spring months host community shows, One Act Festivals, and rentals. This is your chance to be part of the action!
The Officer is responsible for developing, and nurturing key relationships with strategic partners on a regional and local level. They will be responsible for managing and fulfilling the commitments required by these partnerships both in theatre and across Lighthouse Festival’s digital platforms. The Development Officer – Partnerships will be empowered to create sponsorship packages and pricing structures. They will collaborate with Lighthouse Festival’s marketing department to ensure successful implementation and execution.
- Build and foster relationships with strategic partners on a local and regional level, resulting in paid or in-kind sponsorships for Lighthouse Festival.
- Effectively prospect new sponsors and connect with key decision makers through phone, email, networking, and in-person communications.
- Understand the marketing objectives of prospective partners and determine how a sponsorship can help them achieve their goals.
- Develop and present creative and tailored proposals for sponsors that align with their strategies and goals.
- Assess existing and develop new sponsorship opportunities as needed.
- Develop and manage all deliverables and timelines associated with the respected partnership including signage, digital promotions, logo recognition, on-site presentations, tickets, etc.
- Communicate the sponsorship deliverables, their impacts and expectations, across all Lighthouse departments.
- Maintain sponsorship management tools and processes to enable streamlined billing, contracting, and communications.
- Negotiate and secure renewals from current partners and sponsors.
- Write and execute a renewal communications campaign.
- Plan and execute retention strategy.
- Coordinate trade advertising opportunities with the Marketing Department.
- Provide evaluation of progress against set goals; reporting may include updates on call/meetings, prospect list, and other sales related information.
- Communicate with the Marketing Department to ensure proper fulfilment of partnership contracts.
- Provide input during planning sessions with Directors to uncover new partnership opportunities, enhancement of sponsorship inventory, and sales collaterals.
- Act as an ambassador of Lighthouse Festival in communications and when in the community.
- Operate as the event lead for the following types of events, partner appreciation and prospecting events, corporate sponsored events, and development related events.
- Provide support for Lighthouse Festival branded events, theatre specific promotional events, production specific events, or community program events.
- Plan and coordinate event logistics including event budget, managing guest lists, communications plan, food service arrangements, menu planning, packing lists, décor, etc.
- Coordinate event deliverables across all departments including booking room space, tickets, theatre access, and promotional materials as required.
- Source and connect special event related trade partnerships as required to alleviate stress on event specific budgets.
- College diploma in fundraising, marketing, advertising, communication, or similar field.
- Minimum 4 years sales and/or client relations experience, preferably in arts or entertainment environment.
- Theatre background is a plus.
- Superior time management, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a proven record of successfully managing partner relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident in both digital and in-person communication.
- Highly competent in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience with project management and collaboration tools; Trello, Microsoft Teams is an asset.
- Presents a professional attitude and demeanor, always communicating professionally.
- Values collaboration and teamwork as essential components of their success.
- Treats co-workers, partners, audience, and community members with respect.
- Goal driven individual, maintains a positive attitude, even in high pressure situations.
- Embraces a flexible work schedule, with an ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays as needed, outside of regular office hours.
- Pay commensurate with qualifications and experience
- 35-hour work week
- Excellent Extended Benefits Package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance). Premiums for individual coverage fully covered.
- Paid vacation and sick time more than statutory minimums
- Flexible scheduling and hybrid work opportunities (work from home)
- Collaborative and supportive team environment
- Complimentary Theatre tickets
Interested applicants can email Cover Letter and Resume to: Bruce Robinson email@example.com
Posted November 11, 2022. Anticipated Start Date: January 9, 2023.
Lighthouse is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace for our patrons, volunteers and employees. As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome and encourage submissions from qualified individuals of all genders, cultures, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and abilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for applicants in the recruitment and selection process.
All applicants are thanked for their time in applying, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.