The Development Officer plays an integral role in supporting and contributing to the efforts of the Foundation’s Major Gifts team and will be responsible for advancing the mission of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation by fostering strong relationships with friends, donors, and generating philanthropic support from individuals, corporations, and foundations. The Development Officer, Major Gifts is responsible for generating fundraising revenue, identifying potential sources of funding, developing, and executing cultivation and solicitation strategies and driving the acquisition of Major Gifts in the $10,000 – $100,000 range.
Salary Range: $53,000 – $60,000
Posted On: December 1, 2022
Closing On: December 13, 2022
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Experience: Junior
Salary Range: $53,000 – $60,000
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation:
At St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, we’re dedicated to raising funds to support the highest priority needs of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton – an academic health sciences centre committed to exceptional patient care, research and the education and training of healthcare professionals.
A leader in healthcare philanthropy in our region, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is accredited through Imagine Canada’s Standards Program which recognizes excellence in fundraising, financial accountability and transparency, governance, volunteer involvement and staff management.
As a Foundation team, we work closely with grateful patients, individuals, corporations and foundations, healthcare professionals and research teams at the Hospital to raise and steward funds for vital equipment needs, to help renovate patient care areas at the Hospital, and fund research studies that will inform the future of care.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation Hamilton is looking for a Development Officer, Major Gifts to join our team of dedicated, caring and mission-focused professionals who are committed to working together to empower healthcare in our community and are proud to support St. Joseph’s inspiring mission of Hope, Healing and Discovery. Read more about us here: https://www.stjoesfoundation.
Why Work with Us?
- Opportunity to do meaningful work that supports hope, healing and discovery at our Hospital.
- Competitive salary range of $53,000 – $60,000 annually and comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental benefits, a defined benefit pension plan (HOOPP), & maternity/parental leave top-up.
- Starting at 3 weeks vacation.
- Flexible work arrangements including hybrid work opportunities.
- Commitment to Professional Development including an annual budget for each employee.
- Newly renovated office space (anticipated completion in December 2022).
This is a full-time role, located in Hamilton, ON
Hybrid Work Model – minimum of 3 days on site required
Reporting to the Manager, Major Gifts, the Development Officer’s responsibilities include:
- Assists in the development of cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for major gifts. This will involve researching, writing, and preparing fundraising materials including cases for support, proposals, briefing notes, reports, and other correspondence.
- Works closely with the Major Gift team to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward prospective donors with the capacity to make a major gift ($10,000+).
- Proactively uses prospect identification, research, and qualification processes to generate prospects and implement strategies to drive giving.
- Works closely with other areas of the Foundation (i.e. Director, Special Events and the Vice-President, Communications & Community Engagement) to develop donor relations plans and to maximize leadership gift opportunities.
- Assists in other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Major Gifts team and the Foundation.
- University degree or college diploma
- A minimum of 3 years of fundraising experience in major gifts, preferably in the healthcare environment.
- Healthcare philanthropy experience is an asset.
- Excellent writing, research, communications & presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software.
- Strategic thinking, attention to detail and strong program management skills.
- Ability to work as a team player.
If this role interests you, please submit your resume and cover letter to https://pesceandassociates.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion: St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion. We aim to reduce barriers and support accessibility and as such, we will accommodate any needs set out under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.