Reporting to the Associate Director, Philanthropy & Events, this is a full-time position with a hiring range of $50,000-55,000 and an excellent benefits package.
About Georgetown Hospital Foundation
The Georgetown Hospital Foundation partners with our community to build awareness and inspire giving to raise funds for essential equipment and services for Georgetown Hospital. We are grateful for the tremendous support from individuals and businesses in Halton Hills and West Brampton that help the Foundation fund the highest priority equipment, capital and program needs of the hospital.
Our small team executes a diversified portfolio of fundraising activities, supported by a strong core of volunteers and Board of Directors. The Foundation is poised to enter an exciting period that will transform healthcare in our community in the years to come.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Together with the event chairs and committees, plan and execute signature fundraising events (currently the Walk or Run for Georgetown Hospital and the Georgetown Hospital Foundation Gala)
- Develop and monitor event budgets and provide frequent updates and projections
- Tailor proposals to the needs and interests of sponsors community and personally manage a portfolio of sponsorship prospects
- Facilitate the integration of sponsors into all event activities, ensuring all sponsorship elements are executed to the highest standard
- Manage supplier/vendor relationships as they apply to the execution of each event
- Develop and monitor critical timelines and schedules for event execution
- Oversee management of event volunteers, including recruitment and training
- Coordinate production of event marketing and communications materials and resources, in consultation with colleagues
- Support colleagues in the planning and execution of stewardship events
- Provide direction and support to community and corporate partner events
- Analyze event results against goals and past results and make recommendations for future adjustments
- Identify and implement new and improved fundraising methods
Social Media and Digital:
- Develop and maintain engagement and social media calendars in collaboration with colleagues and volunteers
- Create and disseminate content across a variety of social media platforms
- Engage with social media activity for all Foundation platforms on a daily basis
- Track and report on social media metrics
- Contribute to the development of social media and digital communications strategies
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to develop and share impact and recognition stories
- Support individual, team, corporate and community partner fundraising pages on various software platforms
- Participate in stewardship activities to thank and recognize donors and sponsors in a timely and effective manner
- Conduct prospect and industry research as required to complete portfolio tasks
- May be temporarily assigned other duties during peak periods
Qualifications and Experience
We endeavor to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and excellence which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Completion of a diploma or degree from a recognized community college or university and/or at least three years of related experience preferred. Completion of a Fundraising Management or Special Events diploma or degree from a recognized community college or university is an asset.
- Solid experience with event coordination and logistics
- Volunteer management experience including working with volunteer committees
- Significant knowledge of social media platforms and best practices
- Expertise with MS Office and digital communications. Familiarity with navigating the back end of software platforms an asset.
- Knowledge of customer relationship management systems, such as Raiser’s Edge database, an asset
- Demonstrated self-confidence, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Ability to maintain a positive, flexible and responsive attitude
- Strong communicator; listens for clarity and meaning, and speaks in an honest and straightforward manner to ensure mutual understanding in a conversation
- Demonstrated caring and respect; treats each and every colleague, donor, sponsor and volunteer with understanding and kindness and responds appropriately to the needs of self and others
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and ability to adhere to deadlines
Other Job Requirements/Working Conditions
- The position is based out of the Georgetown Hospital in a shared office; partial work from home arrangements can be made
- Flexibility to work periodic non-traditional work hours that might include evenings and weekends based on operational needs
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
Candidate Selection Process
- Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter through the Halton Healthcare careers portal (#899681)
- Applicants advanced in the process will be contacted within ten days of the closing date
- The selection process will include a short phone screening interview, an in-person or online interview with a three-person interview panel, and a one-to-one meeting with the Associate Director, Philanthropy & Events, all to be held over a two to three-week period
- Reference checks will be conducted for the preferred candidate
- A criminal background check and signed confidentiality agreement are required for the preferred candidate
- New hires at Halton Healthcare are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (see below)
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and are committed to excellence as we are, we’d like to hear from you. Please submit your application online by June 10, 2022 via www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting (#899681) and include a cover letter and current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with Directive #6, Halton Healthcare has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. All new hires must be fully compliant with our Policy as a condition of employment with Halton Healthcare. Successful applicants will be required to provide proof of vaccination or proof of a documented medical exemption as part of the hiring process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone’s cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.