The Development Officer (DO), Donor Relations & Stewardship supports the Foundation in assisting with stewarding meaningful relationships with our donors. The position involves planning and executing stewardship activity, including customized correspondence, recognition plans, stewardship reports, and donor recognition events, while ensuring we are complying with our stewardship standards and requirements, as established in formalized agreements with donors.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $58,000
Posted on: September 26, 2022
Closing on: October 14, 2022
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Employment Type: Contract
Salary: $50,000 – $58,000
At St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, we’re dedicated to raising funds to support the highest priority needs of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton — an academic health sciences centre that’s been committed to exceptional patient care, research and the education and training of healthcare professionals for more than 130 years. A leader in healthcare philanthropy in our region, our Foundation is also part of a select group of Canadian charities accredited by Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
With the increasing pressures upon our healthcare system, the roles of philanthropy, partnerships and investments from our generous community of donors and friends are more important than ever. As a Foundation team, we work closely with grateful patients, individual, corporate and foundation donors, healthcare professionals and research teams at the Hospital, and the wider community as a whole to raise funds for vital equipment needs, to help renovate patient care areas at the Hospital, and fund research studies that will inform the future of care. Join us on our inspiring mission to support Hope, Healing and Discovery at St. Joe’s.
- Develop, in collaboration with Development Team staff, materials for major gift donors and prospects, including stewardship reports, thank you letters, naming opportunity descriptions, fundraising and recognition proposals.
- Coordinate stewardship activity for all other Foundation programs, including Annual Fund, Events, and Planned Giving.
- In collaboration with Communications team, ensure donor communication is consistent with overarching Hospital and Foundation key messages.
- Ensure recognition and stewardship obligations are included in customized stewardship plans and tracked on Raiser’s Edge.
- Plan and execute gift announcements and events (virtual and/or in-person) for major gift and gift planning donors. This will involve convening key players, agendas and speaking notes, while acting as the primary lead on the organization and logistics of the announcement/event.
- Maximize the use of Raiser’s Edge as a tool for documenting naming opportunities and implementing and executing cultivation and stewardship plans.
- Manage the donor naming approval process and inventory of naming opportunities, along with the coordination of updating donor walls and recognition vehicles, such as donor signage and plaquing.
- Other special projects as required.
- University degree or college diploma
- Minimum three years’ experience or recent completion of a post-secondary fundraising program
- Strong communications skills, especially written (reports and correspondence)
- Strong skills in Microsoft tools, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strategic thinking and ability to work as a team player
- Experience in healthcare philanthropy experience is an asset, as is working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or a similar fundraising software.
Job Status: 18-month contract (full-time)
Submitted By: Human Resources