Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Development Officer Donor Relations and Stewardship ensures the successful operation of a comprehensive donor program that involves key staff, board members and key volunteers as required. The Development Officer Donor Relations and Stewardship is responsible for the recognition program including writing donor thank you letters and recognition stories, arranging donor recognition photos, organizing recognition events and thank you calls, updates to the donor walls and room designation signage, and writing reports to foundations and corporations. The Development Officer Donor Relations and Stewardship also supports other Foundation stewardship as directed. This person plays an important role by providing administrative support to the Development team and participating in fundraising activities including support for administration of major gifts, donor relations, and special events as required.
Salary Range: $55,000 – $62,000
Posted on: September 28, 2022
Closing on: October 15, 2022
Effective: November 1, 2022
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary: $55,000 – $62,000
Roles and Responsibilities
- Works with Development Officers and the VP Development to develop and implement strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major gift and leadership giving donors.
- Organizes a team effort to develop donor relations and stewardship plans for donors at various recognition levels within the major gift and leadership giving program.
- Ensures that details of stewardship plans are compiled and communicated to all involved parties and that the plan is documented, implemented and included in the moves management system.
- Writes personal acknowledgment and thank you letters for signature by executives, board members, and key volunteers as required.
- Identifies best practices at other organizations for stewardship planning and operation.
- Works with staff to arrange recognition events involving major donors as needed; attends stewardship events as required.
- Supports a process that prompts and assists team members in maintaining personal contact with major donors and volunteers.
- Supports the Development team and Management with planning and execution of donor, sponsor and Foundation events as needed.
- Interviews and writes donor stories for use in media releases, on the Foundation web page and social media.
- Writes proposals for Major Gifts, Leadership Gifts and from time to time for Sponsorship proposals for the Foundation. Writes reports to foundations and corporations as determined by donor reporting requirements.
- Develops and stewards relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Supports the Director of Communications, Marketing & Community Engagement in execution of annual giving stewardship and publications.
- Provides equipment specific information for publications and other programs.
- Supports the maintenance and upkeep of all physical Foundation donor walls, plaques and named areas.
- Ensures that donor stewardship and recognition is tracked and updated in donor records.
- Researches and creates the annual equipment priority information sheets for Foundation staff.
- Creates and maintains Major Gift and Leadership templates as required.
- Supports the Events team in stewardship where required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in related field , or CFRE preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience preferred in fundraising or an equivalent client-focused environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; effectively interpret, organize and present information and ideas in written or presentation form
- Demonstrated skills in organization and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; collegial, collaborative style, willingness to search out answers, ability to recognize when others need to be involved in activities or decisions
- Knowledge of heath care fundraising and donor relations and stewardship practices preferred
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to the mission of Niagara Health Foundation
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office – Word and Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency using Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Internet Explorer
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge, including NXT or equivalent database
Submitted by: Pamela Shanks