Are you someone who believes in the culture of philanthropy to help children and youth realize their potential? Would you like to contribute to a development team with strong fundraising principles to deliver exceptional donor service? Can you picture yourself working on meaningful projects related to events, volunteer support and stewardship? Do you enjoy working as part of a team? This could be the job for you!
Development Officer, Community Engagement
Full time, no level listed
KidsAbility Foundation raises public awareness and financial support to empower children and youth with special needs to realize their full potential. Last year, close to 9,000 children and youth benefited from services and supports provided by KidsAbility throughout Waterloo Region and Wellington County.
Development Officer, Community Engagement – permanent
Full Time (37.5 hours a week) $23.00-$30.00/hour
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Senior Development Manager, Annual, Events, Marketing/Communications, this role is based in Waterloo and supports community relations, signature, partner and third party fundraising events as well as other community engagement opportunities within Waterloo Region and Guelph/Wellington County.
The role involves the following responsibilities:
- Lead staff coordinating the Foundation’s signature event, sponsorship and volunteer work teams with strong promotion skills inviting broad reach and participation
- Supports, cultivates and renews community events annually by building positive relationships with organizers, volunteers, participants, sponsors and donors to ensure each event’s success
- Attends meetings, liaises and supports partner-based events that raise funds and community awareness for KidsAbility
- Engages event donors and organizers in other annual fund activities such as loyal donor programs, monthly and tribute giving appeals to grow our fundraising
- Seeks sponsorship where appropriate, primarily partner events collaborating with other development team members
- Seek opportunities to engage and make presentations to service clubs, corporations and special interest groups
Qualifications, Attributes and Skills:
As the ideal candidate for this position you have proven experience in fund development and donor and community relations. You have excellent relationship building skills that allow for strong community engagement with individuals and organizations. Your strong project management skills assist you in successfully coordinating a variety of projects concurrently. You possess a strategic focus, and analytical mind with a creative, results-oriented approach. Your relevant post-secondary education in fundraising is an asset.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle is required with public liability and property damage
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
- Applicant will be required to obtain Criminal Reference Check and TB test and
We offer a positive team environment as well as a competitive benefits and vacation package including a RRSP matching program.
If you are interested in joining a dedicated and dynamic team that makes a difference in the lives of children and youth please submit a cover letter and resume in confidence by end of day,
Monday Sept. 13, 2021 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will be inviting applicants for interviews or phone screens as they apply. KidsAbility follows the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity. If you have accessibility or other requirements that need to be considered during the recruitment process, please let us know.
Please note that this position will commence primarily remotely with an expectation of working onsite as required.
Please note that all prospective KidsAbility employees are subject to mandatory immunization requirements, including the full and ongoing COVID-19 vaccination, as a condition of obtaining and maintaining employment. We will make accommodations as directed by the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services and the Chief Medical Officer of Health.