Reporting to the Director, Development, this role will focus on the stewardship, cultivation and growth of the community, business and service club donors as well as legacy giving. The Development Officer will complement the Development team by focusing on implementing a robust communication strategy.
Salary Range: $54,552.36 -$61,399.16
Posted On: July 24, 2023
Closing On: August 10, 2023
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $54,552.36 to $61,399.16
- Implement an annual communications strategy including quarterly newsletters, news articles, op-eds, and media releases
- Develop, coordinate and manage strategies to secure and increase the community, business and service club partners programs
- Seek appropriate financial sponsorships for events
- Execute the donor stewardship program including overseeing the production of the quarterly newsletter, producing cards of thanks, and supporting the calling program
- Write and create marketing and communications materials to support the legacy giving program
- Represent Mission Services at meetings and events through public speaking and presentations, and provide building tours for existing and potential donors
- Special projects and events as assigned
- Work safely, identify any health and safety concerns and report to management
- Follow Mission Services workplace health and safety policies and procedures at all times
- Committed to uphold the organization’s mission, values and standards
- Additional projects and duties as assigned
- Strong understanding of communications strategies, fundraising, sponsorship management, and marketing practices
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years’ experience in a professional fundraising and/or communications setting
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to take initiative, to work independently and as part of a team, and to set and achieve goals
- 37.5 hours per week Monday through Friday
- A hybrid model of working in the office and working from home is available for this role
- Police Vulnerable Sector Check
- Two-Step Tuberculosis Skin Test
- Proof of double COVID-19 vaccination, or willingness to register to receive these vaccinations as soon as possible
- Valid Driver’s License and access to a vehicle
- Salary starts at $54,552.36 annually
- Benefits after 3-months of continuous, active employment
- Group RRSP employer matching up to 3% after one (1) year of continuous employment
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume by 5:00PM on August 10, 2023 to:
Director of Human Resources, Mission Services of Hamilton
P.O. Box 368, Hamilton, ON L8L 7W2
or email to HR@mission-services.com
To ensure that Mission Services follows a fair, consistent recruitment and selection process, candidates may be selected for interview once the posting closes as per the date noted in this posting.
At Mission Services of Hamilton, we value diversity in our employees and we work from an anti-racism/anti-oppression framework and strive for equity and inclusion.
We strive to foster an organization that reflects the diversity of the community we serve and welcome applications from all qualified candidates. We encourage applications from individuals from underserved and underrepresented cultural and racial communities, from First Nations Inuit and Metis communities, Two-Spirit, LGBTQIA+ communities, and people living with disabilities, and those with lived experience of abuse, food insecurity, homelessness, mental health difficulties and addictions.
Mission Services is also committed to developing an inclusive, barrier-free selection process and work environment. We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation measures to ensure you will be interviewed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to accommodation requests will be treated with confidentiality.