The Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Hamilton and strongly encourages applications from all qualified individuals, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas.
Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton
Full time, Intermediate Level
Guided by Catholic values and teachings; a fundamental belief in strengthening families; and the mandate of the laws of Ontario, the mission of the Society is to protect and advocate for the wellbeing of children within the City of Hamilton.
Provide support to the Senior Manager, Fund Development and Communications, in the development and execution of fundraising and promotional activities including:
- Coordinating all annual fundraising and general activities including but not limited to the Golf Tournament, Serendipity Auction, Volunteer Recognition, Staff Recognition and third-party special events, in conjunction with the Manager, Fund Development and Communications
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of a public relations strategy for each event, including radio, television, print media and other community supports in conjunction with the Communications Coordinator.
- Taking an active role in the development and execution of new fundraising and promotional activities which heighten the Society’s profile within the community as well as establishing new sources of revenues for the work of the Society
- Organizing committee meetings, including regular progress reports depicting ticket sales, donations and sponsoring solicitation
- Providing regular administrative support with regards to ticket sales, donations and sponsorship solicitation; writing grant proposals; preparation of presentations; and maintaining donor and membership files
- Building Tribute program: In Memory, In Honour and In Celebration
- Mailing thank-you letters, with tax receipts where applicable (in compliance with Revenue Canada guidelines)
- Ensuring community and donor relationships are developed, enhanced and nurtured.
- Working with other members of the Fund Development and Communications team on the development and implementation of the Society’s development plan
- Coordinating work with manager and following the direction of the manager after consultation
- Completing mandatory training and participating in ongoing agency training
- Demonstrating leadership and a commitment to the principles of anti-oppressive practices and anti-racism based on justice, fairness, equity, respect of the beliefs and traditions of others
- Complying with agency Health and Safety policies and the Ontario Health and Safety Act, and regulations
- Commitment to the Society’s mission and vision
- Performing other duties as may be assigned
- Diploma or degree in marketing, communication, public relations or business
- 3+ years of experience in coordinating or managing events
- 3+ years of generalized fundraising experience considered an asset
- CFRE designation or in process an asset.
- Proven experience in the development and execution of fundraising special events
- Strong marketing, promotional, and event management experience
- Strong understanding of, and ability to build upon, community connections as it relates to fundraising initiatives
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Innovative thinker; strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated decision making, with the ability to respond to competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability for taking initiative and assuming responsibility; efficient and consistent team player
- Respectful and compassionate demeanor
- Knowledge and commitment to anti-oppressive/anti-racist philosophy
- Computer literate with demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft office and a fundraising database (preferably Donor Perfect)
- Demonstrates a commitment to, and work ethic in, leadership and role models behaviours that demonstrate the Mission and Vision of the Catholic Children’s Aid Society
- Bilingual French/English is an asset
- Able to affirm and integrate in the delivery of services the Society values which reflect the Agency’s Catholic faith, heritage, culture and traditions
- Bondable with acceptable police clearance, and satisfactory provincial records search.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s License, acceptable driver’s abstract, acceptable vulnerable sector criminal record clearance and satisfactory internal records search. Proof of Third-Party Liability coverage with a limit of not less than $2,000,000 (two million dollars) and Standard Ontario Accident Benefits coverage
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Knowledgeable of, and ability to conduct daily activities in a safe and secure manner complying with employee obligations under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WHMIS, Society Health, safety and security policies and procedures. Reports and makes right any unsafe condition, practice and/or condition.
The work environment is primarily office, but does include regular contact with staff, volunteers, resource parents and community representatives. The job includes driving.
The role description is provided without prejudice to any management rights and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Fund Development and Communications
Employment Terms & Hours of Work: 35 hours per week
Compensation: Range, based on qualifications and experience: $62,000-79,000 per annum
Starting Date: As soon as possible
Apply in writing by submitting an updated resume and your current training record to: