Reporting to the Manager, Annual Giving, the Development Officer, Annual Giving is responsible for the effective execution of fundraising activities to support the annual United Way Niagara campaign. The primary role of this position is to develop and manage relationships with workplaces that conduct employee giving campaigns to drive revenue.
Closing Date: July 15, 2022
Salary Range: $44,564 to $55,705
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Experience: Junior
Working closely with the Development and Communications team, the Development Officer, Annual Giving also supports fundraising and stewardship events, the Canada Summer Jobs Program and the Sponsored Employee Program.
Critical to this role is an understanding of corporate and individual donors, the importance and role of volunteers in the fundraising process, and the role of United Way Niagara in the not for profit sector including the allocation of funds.
Additionally, a knowledge of and interest in the planning, preparation, and execution of a successful fundraising campaign including donor relations is essential.
ABOUT UNITED WAY NIAGARA:
United Way Niagara is a charitable organization dedicated to improving lives and building community by engaging individuals and mobilizing collective action. To learn more about United Way Niagara, visit https://www.unitedwayniagara.org/about/.
• Provides support to designated workplace accounts that run employee giving campaigns and ensures all details and logistics are completed within established timelines;
• Develops and manages relationships within designated workplace accounts, providing exceptional customer service and support to Employee Campaign Coordinators and canvassers to leverage potential and opportunity for growth and ensuring exceptional customer service;
• Provides support in the implementation and execution of direct mail programs, fundraising and stewardship events and donor acknowledgement;
• Works collaboratively with the Individual Giving team in the execution of the Leadership Giving Program;
Supports the Manager, Annual Giving and Director, Development & Communications, with the day to day administrative tasks necessary in executing the annual United Way Niagara campaign including but not limited to data/pledge entry, database maintenance, gift acknowledgement;
• Works independently and is self-motivated in initiating contact with donors and workplaces (by phone and email);
• Other duties as required.
*Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. It can be expected that duties, responsibilities and activities may change over time as needs evolve with or without notice.
• Proven experience planning and executing fundraising initiatives;
• Interest and understanding of effective stewardship and acknowledgement practices;
• Exceptional oral communication skills and experience presenting in front of others;
• Strong written communication skills;
• Exemplary organization and time management skills, interpersonal skills, and computer skills;
• Willingness to learn new skills and motivation to implement them;
• Experience managing volunteers;
• Ability to work collaboratively and self-directed;
Education: Post-Secondary education and/or relevant combination of education and work experience in fundraising, public relations or a related field.
Experience: 2-3 years demonstrated fundraising and/or customer service experience.
Other: Access to reliable transportation.
This position is full-time at 35 hours per week, typically Monday to Friday between 8:30am to 4:30pm; however, the workweek hours may vary and will require a candidate to have flexible availability, including evenings and/or weekends.
The Development Officer, Annual Giving will be expected to work the St. Catharines United Way office and directly with workplaces and businesses throughout the Niagara Region when/where public health guidelines permit (due to the regional and provincial restrictions related to COVID-19).
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume to Chelsey Maclachlan Wormald at email@example.com or by mail to United Way Niagara, 63 Church Street, LC1, St. Catharines, ON L2R 3C4 (Attention: Chelsey Maclachlan Wormald) Friday July 15, 2022 at 4:00pm.
We encourage early applicants as we plan to hire a suitable candidate immediately. We will be conducting interviews as suitable candidates apply. The position will remain open until filled. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
United Way Niagara hires based on merit and is strongly committed to diversity and equity within our community and to providing a welcoming and inclusive workplace. We especially welcome applications from Black, Indigenous and People of Colour, women, persons with disabilities, people of all sexual orientations and genders, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. Persons with disabilities who anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, firstname.lastname@example.org.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), individuals requiring accommodation during the application/recruitment process should advise the interviewer so that arrangements can be made. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.