Working directly with NPCA staff with accountability to NPCF Board, this Position contributes to the advancement NPCF goals and mission by fostering and building strong donor relationships with individuals, organizations, corporations, and foundations. The incumbent is responsible for designing and implementing a robust donor relations program to support NPCF’s Nature for All Major Giving Campaign and other planned giving activities. The incumbent also undertakes other administrative responsibilities supporting the Foundation’s day-to-day administrative functions.
Salary Range: $64,568 – $80,710
Posted On: March 17, 2023
Closing On: April 6, 2023
Location: 250 Thorold Rd, Welland with travel within the watershed
Employment Type: Full Time
Job Experience: Intermediate
Salary Range: $64,568 – $80,710
Founded in 1969, the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Foundation (NPCF) is a registered charity governed by a volunteer Board of Directors who are dedicated to raising funds that aid in the conservation of our natural environment for present and future generations.
The NPCF’s current priorities include: Ecological Restoration to preserve the precious biodiversity of the unique ecosystems in our watershed; a Land Securement Strategy to ensure communities have sustainable access to protected conservation lands, parks and natural areas; Parks & Green Infrastructure to ensure inter-regional trails are accessible and safe for all; Education and Stewardship to promote the benefits of a relationship between people and nature and Investing in a Healthy Watershed and Health Communities.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for cultivating and managing NPCF investors and donors
- Day-to day communication and engagement with Board of Directors and Chair
- Responsible for special projects and events that contribute to the growth of potential investors
- Develop and implement strategies that nurture donor loyalty and foster personal relationships with the organization.
- Collaborate with NPCA staff team on the strategy and plan for solicitation, stewardship, and cultivation to engage the donor group including highly personalized direct marketing efforts
- Responsible for tracking prospects and donors and documenting their cultivation and solicitation activities including any internal and external reporting
- Contribute to the development of communication materials, including publications, used in the cultivation, solicitation, acknowledgement and stewardship of prospects.
- Develop and execute strategies for special direct market campaigns (print, electronic, and telephone) coordinated with major gift efforts and drives.
- Implementation of workplans and strategies, as may be required, to meet the needs of the Foundation;
What You Bring
Self-motivated to work independently and with teams and demonstrated experience and success in cultivating and securing major gifts.
- Excellent knowledge of philanthropy and the strategic ability to identify future growth opportunities
- Good understanding and passion for Conservation Authority work and previous environmental sector experience
- Proven ability to effectively and proactively engage philanthropists from diverse cultural communities.
- University degree and a minimum of three-five years of charitable fundraising/development experience
- Professional accreditation as a Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) would be an asset
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Effective Project Management with the ability to manage multiple projects over varying timelines
What We Offer You
An annual salary ranging from $64,568 – $80,710 (35 hours/week)
- Comprehensive benefits including health and dental and access to the Employee Assistance Program
- A Health Care Spending Account, allowing you to use your benefits where you need them
- A hybrid remote work opportunity
- An opportunity to be part of a highly engaged and passionate team of professionals
- Learning and growth opportunities
- Free access to all the Niagara Peninsula Conservation Areas
- An opportunity to make a difference and positive impact on the environment as part of a highly engaged and passionate team of professionals
We are an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace.
We can provide accommodation for a disability in all employment activities, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code
and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation, please contact email@example.com.