Applications are invited for the position of Development Assistant in the Development & Alumni Relations Department, located at the Daniel J. Patterson Campus. The starting salary is $27.93/hr for a 35-hour work week. Additional hours may be required as necessary.
Full-Time, Intermediate Level
Reporting to the Director of Development, Development & Alumni Relations, the successful candidate provides confidential and professional administrative support to the department and represents the Director in departmental matters. This includes communicating with the president’s and vice-presidents’ offices, other staff and faculty, donors and other external stakeholders, to respond to inquiries, provide information and resolve concerns in the initial stage, and organizing and expediting key action items so that matters are handled promptly, efficiently and with the appropriate degree of confidentiality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide confidential administrative support for the effective day-to-day functions of the Director, including scheduling meetings, responding to general enquiries in initial stages or bringing to the Directors attention for resolution, and supporting the Director’s communications by sourcing and collating information, drafting, editing and proofreading correspondence, reports, presentations or other materials.
- Assist the Director and Development Officers with:
- Content development and customized major gift fundraising proposals by requesting/ collating information, statistics, graphics and photos, drafting layout, and coordinating production/revisions and printing with the College’s marketing department, as required.
- Generate time-sensitive donation renewal requests for donors to scholarships and bursaries by assisting in development of design/format and coordinating relevant content for the request letter, cross-referencing to verify information with departmental database and Financial Aid reports, and perform mail merges of letter templates with database report, verifying information in final documents before issuing.
- Support the preparation of donation pledge forms, gift agreements and scholarship and bursary fund terms of reference.
- Support planning, logistics and execution for donor recognition and stewardship activities such as campus tours and gift announcement events.
- Maintain the departmental information related to donors/scholarships and bursaries on the Scholarship & Bursaries Master spreadsheet (or Database) shared by Development and Financial Aid department, by working closely with Development Officers and performing regular updates, with careful attention to accuracy of information.
- Coordinate information, prepare and distribute scholarship/bursary awards listing by Divisions and Schools with data received from Financial Aid, to Deans and Associate Deans
- Donor pledged-gift fulfillment and annual gift renewals by following up on their requests to ensure donations are received by deadline to post Awards on Financial Aid website.
- Support the maintenance of departmental website by monitoring and alerting the Director and/or department communications staff of need for updates or coordinating requests with ITS or Marketing, as required.
- Three (3) year Diploma or Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Fundraising, Office Administration or similar field of study
- Five (5) years of related experience working with a Charity or Not-For Profit Organization or Post-Secondary environment
- Excellent communication, analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proven abilities in working independently, exercising good judgement and professionalism
- Proven ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and problem solve under pressure
- Advanced Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced Excel, Adobe Creative Suite
- Blackbaud software/Raisers Edge database are a preference
Close Date: November 26, 2021
The Position Description Form is available for review from Human Resources during the posting period. Please contact email@example.com to request a copy.
If selected for an interview, candidates must present proof of education (original transcripts/credentials).
Note: Credentials obtained outside of Canada require an evaluation to determine the Canadian educational equivalence. This evaluation must support the educational requirements for the position as a condition of employment. For further information, visit: World Education Services http://www.wes.org/ca/.
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Niagara College is strongly committed to diversity and inclusion within its community. We offer an inclusive work environment and welcome applications from all qualified individuals who feel they can further enhance campus diversity and equity efforts.
If requested, accommodations will be made to support applicants with disabilities during the recruitment and selection process.