Cota Health (Cota)
is an accredited, not-for-profit, community-based organization that has been supporting adults with mental health and cognitive challenges to live well within their communities for over 45 years. We provide person-centred supports that assist individuals to find inspiration and hope in their inherent strengths and support them to pursue meaningful change in their lives, as they define it. Cota also works collaboratively with our funders, our partners and other stakeholders, across the provincial health and social service systems, to inspire positive change in the way that services are delivered to individuals living with mental health and cognitive challenges.
We offer a wide range of services to adults living with serious mental illness, geriatric mental health conditions, acquired brain injuries, developmental disabilities and dual diagnoses. Our services include case management, supportive housing, short-term residential beds, day programs, court and justice related services, an Assertive Housing First Team (AHFT) and services for individuals who are experiencing homelessness.
Due to a retirement, the CEO is conducting a search for a new:
Director, Finance & Administration
Location: Greater Toronto Area
Reporting to the CEO, the Director, Finance & Administration provides strategic and operational leadership and oversight for the finance, facilities and information management/information technology (IM/IT) aspects of Cota’s operations. The Director, Finance & Administration functions as a member of the Executive Leadership Team.
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of progressive, related (i.e. finance, facilities, IM/IT, general corporate services) management experience
- Non-profit experience is key
- Experience with OHRS MIS, Great Plains and FRX highly desirable
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and other technology
- Knowledge and experience in project management an asset
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge and experience in finance, facilities, IM/IT or general corporate services management
- Attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced Excel
- Knowledge of GP, FRx and Quadrant is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound judgment and integrity
- Change management and conflict resolution skills
REQUIRED EDUCATION: The appropriate combination of the following education.
- Completion of a university degree in Business/Accounting or MBA
- Accounting designation – CPA (CA, CGA, CMA)
- Other designations may be an asset – e.g. facilities management or CA-IT designations
This search is being conducted on behalf of Cota by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we would be pleased to connect with them. Additional information will be made available to interested candidates.
Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents. Issues with applying?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online in confidence. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted