Reporting to the Associate Director, Annual Giving and working in close partnership with the entire Development and Stewardship & Communications teams, the Coordinator, Development will support the execution of various cross-team functions and activities related to annual giving, major giving, and stewardship.
The Coordinator, Development will play a key role in new donor acquisition, retention, and pipeline growth strategies and will ensure a best-in-class giving experience for donors, connecting them with the impact of their support.
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
Posted On: February 23, 2023
Closing On: March 24, 2023
Location: Burlington, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $50,000 – $55,000
We are seeking a dynamic and enthusiastic professional to join Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation (JBHF) as the Coordinator, Development.
Contributing to a mission-focused, fast-paced, and cooperative team environment, the Coordinator, Development will manage multiple priorities and competing deadlines while living the JBHF values: collaborative, inclusive, innovative, responsive, and transparent, and team-designed culture code: accountable, collaborative, fun and respectful.
Demanding, challenging and exciting, this role requires a motivated, energetic, and creative individual with demonstrated relationship-building skills and a passion for excellence.
About Joseph Brant Hospital
JBH is a full-service community teaching hospital located in the growing and thriving community of Burlington, Ontario, serving more than 185,000 residents in Halton, Hamilton, Waterdown, Flamborough, Milton, and Stoney Creek. It is honoured to be recognized as one of Hamilton Niagara’s Top Employers for seven (7) consecutive years, with a skilled staff of 194 physicians, 1,911 full- and part-time staff, and more than 700 volunteers.
JBH is a Clinical Education site in conjunction with McMaster University and is designated as an Academic Community Teaching Hospital. Its expanded campus includes the state-of-art Michael Lee-Chin & Family Patient Tower, featuring a new Emergency Department, 172 acute inpatient beds, 9 new Operating Rooms, and post-anaesthetic care unit to support expanded medical, surgical, and outpatient services. JBH is also a partner member of the Burlington Ontario Health Team.
About Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation
JBHF was founded in 1976 to support Joseph Brant Hospital (JBH). We are committed to engaging our community, inspiring investment in our Hospital, and making a difference in healthcare for our community. Our vision is to make a difference in our community, and through the generous giving of our supporters to provide an exceptional healthcare experience right here in Burlington.
The Our New Era Campaign in support of the new JBH surpassed its goal of $60M, raising an unprecedented $65M, enabling the incredible transformation of our Hospital, and having a tremendous impact on our community for generations to come.
With the successful conclusion of the capital campaign, we are poised to leverage the overwhelming support of the community to support new and emerging priorities which will continue to support our Hospital’s vision of providing exceptional healthcare.
The Foundation is governed by a team of community volunteer leaders and is managed by a dedicated staff of professionals who ensure that every donation is used effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of patients and their families.
• On-board, steward and correspond with annual, monthly and tribute donors, delivering a best-in-class giving experience
• Execute the memorial/tribute-giving program, leveraging relationships with our hospital partners to maximize the potential of the Gifts of Gratitude program
• Ensure excellence in stewardship, supporting the production and distribution of donor reports and other stewardship activities, connecting donors with the impact of their support
• Assist with the preparation of research profiles, briefing notes, proposals and sponsorship packages
• Support the logistical planning and execution of events and activities related to donor cultivation
• Maintain accurate, professional, and current prospect and donor records, contribute to pipeline development/management, and support gift processing as needed
• Liaise with JBHF and JBH staff, building collaborative, supportive, and productive relationships
• Perform other duties as required in furthering the goals of the JBHF
Qualifications and Experience Required
• Successful completion of an undergraduate degree or diploma from an accredited educational institution
• 1-3 years of recent related experience, preferably working within a non-for-profit environment
• Well-developed administrative, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or another relational database
• Creative and innovative with a high-degree of professionalism and discretion
• A self-starter with the ability to work independently and collaboratively with a team
• Excellent time management skills and the ability to meet competing deadlines in an organized manner
• Aligned with JBHF’s values: Collaborative, Inclusive, Innovative, Responsive, and Transparent
• Aligned with JBHF’s culture code: Accountable, Collaborative, Fun, and Respectful
Compensation: $50,000 – $55,000, plus a comprehensive benefits package and eligibility for an annual merit incentive.
Interested candidates should forward their resume and cover letter to:
Associate Director, Annual Giving
Closing Date: March 24, 2023
This position is open to all Canadian citizens, permanent residents and those legally able to work in Canada. JBHF invites applications from all qualified individuals. JBHF is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
We acknowledge that the land on which Joseph Brant Hospital is situated is part of the Treaty lands and Territory of the Mississauga’s of the Credit. We acknowledge the responsibility to honour and respect the four directions, land, waters, plants, animals, ancestors that walked before us, and all the wonderful elements of creation that exist. We wish to respect and honour the Original Peoples of this land and the histories and lived experiences of these communities. It is our commitment to learn and unlearn, support reconciliation, and foster strong relationships as we operate on these traditional lands now and for generations to come.
This is a permanent, full-time position based in the JBHF offices located in the Halton McMaster Family Health Centre Building at Joseph Brant Hospital, 1245 Lakeshore Road, Burlington, ON.
JBHF employees are required to attest to having COVID-19 vaccinations.
Joseph Brant Hospital Foundation thanks all applicants, however, will contact only those selected for an interview.