Closing On: 2021-09-05
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
KCI is Canada’s leading consultants to the non-profit sector with professionals across the country in fundraising, strategy, research & analytics, and executive search. Our core purpose is to inspire and enable organizations to raise money, to make the dream of better communities and improved lives a reality. And through our nearly 40 years of experience, we’ve helped thousands of organizations craft their strategies, build their teams and raise billions of dollars.
As our firm continues to grow and thrive, we are adding to our team!
In the coming months we are looking forward to welcoming additional Consultants to our philanthropic consulting practice across the country. Depending on the assignment, these could be project-based or permanent positions, on a part-time or full-time basis.
Our KCI team members bring a wide range of skills and experience to client assignments across our broad range of services. We are looking for collaborative, energetic, strategic individuals with a proven track record in moving an organization forward. Successful candidates must have proven, or quick to demonstrate, analytical, interpersonal, and oral and written communications skills, plus a solid understanding of fundraising and the charitable sector.
Some of our consulting team are home-office based, with (post-pandemic) regular travel to KCI and/or client offices. Other team members work from the client’s location. It all depends on the client and the project, and the location and duration of the assignment. If you’re interested to apply, we’ll ask you to provide further details about your flexibility and preferences.
Consultants work closely with KCI leadership across a variety of client services, including major campaigns, revenue generation plans, studies and assessments, special projects and as a resource to strategic counsel assignments. Recognizing the increasingly complex and diverse needs of KCI clients, the incumbent must have the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects of varying scope and customization of approach.
- Working collaboratively with senior leadership of the client organization on the strategic and tactical implementation of major fundraising plans and campaigns
- Manage client onboarding including preparation for project launch meetings, proactive management of timelines and coordination of internal resources for scheduling and other activities specific to each assignment
- Coordinate and participate in various client relations activities including consultations, focus groups, retreats/workshops, meetings, strategy sessions, training and other specialized services and support for each client
- Support the development of client materials including reports, presentations, financial models/forecasts and other customized tools and resources
- Provide support to a wide-range of customized project or counsel needs that may arise through the process of client work and assignments as generated by the KCI lead Partner
- Evaluate client documentation, consultation findings and financial results; analyze strategic options and develop recommendations; synthesize relevant summary/findings
- Participate in marketing and sales activity as required
To be successful in this role, the Consultant must demonstrate:
- Experience either working in fundraising within not-for-profit organizations and associations
- Previous experience working with fundraising volunteers
- Flexibility in schedule is a necessity for this position. Our team and clients are national, and meetings, calls, interviews, and travel outside normal business hours can occur from time to time
- Strong commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access (IDEA)
- Outstanding organizational and time and project management skills, and high attention to detail
- The ability to multitask, prioritize, and collaborate in an efficient manner
- Strong self-motivation and an exceptional work ethic
- Collaborative and the ability to build strong relationships and work well with others internally and externally
- Strong written communication, listening, and verbal communication skills
- A strategic mindset, and the ability to quickly and effectively synthesize information, draw parallels and conclusions, and suggest potential solutions
- A deep personal satisfaction from providing high-quality service and exceeding expectations
- Maturity, confidence, and a high degree of emotional and social intelligence
- Openness and flexibility in thinking, attitude, and style; willingness to share ideas, consider other perspectives, and consult with colleagues
- Enthusiasm, positive energy, and a can-do attitude
- Consistency, dependability, honesty, and loyalty
- Impeccable professionalism, integrity, and judgement
- Proficiency with technology, including Word, Excel, Linked In, Zoom/Skype, and databases
MORE ABOUT KCI/
We serve our clients through a wide variety of services including: Fundraising Counsel & Campaigns; Assessments & Strategy Development; Research & Analytics; Communications & Case Development; and Executive Search & Talent Services.
In doing this work, we firmly place our focus on values and people…both ours, and our clients’.
- Values: We are proudly and resolutely guided by our core values: the highest integrity in all our actions; commitment to excellence and innovation in everything we undertake; openness to new ideas; and collaborative and respectful relationships with our colleagues and our clients. We hire to these values and strive to live them every day.
- People: At KCI, our people are our most valuable resource. We hire the best and brightest, provide them with ongoing training and support, and give them the opportunity to work with a range of clients in different regions and sectors across the country. We strive to foster a collaborative culture of professional and personal growth, and to recognize, value, and develop the individual skills and contributions of each of our team members.
As a firm, KCI has a strong commitment to equity and inclusivity. We are proud that our own staff represents various dimensions of diversity, including gender, race, sexual orientation, age, education, physical abilities, and language. KCI is privately owned by our Partners, 70% of whom are women. We especially welcome interest from candidates who bring lived experience as a Black, Indigenous, or other racialized person, a person with disabilities, or an LGBTQ2+ person.
And because we know the future won’t look like the past, we hold capacity building, knowledge sharing and insight creation at our core. We have made it our business to know What’s Next.
For more information about KCI, please visit: www.kciphilanthropy.com.
KCI provides employees with salary, comprehensive health and dental benefits, life insurance, long term disability, vacation, and sick/personal days. We offer an RRSP match after 3 years employment. And we also provide ample professional development opportunities, and a matching donation program to a maximum of $2,000 per employee, per year. On top of that, and perhaps more importantly, we have a flexible, collaborative work culture that our employees appreciate.
Starting salary ranges for Philanthropy Consultants are: Associate Consultant – $45-$60k; Consultant – $60-$80k; Senior Consultant – $80-$110k. For part-time or project-based employees, compensation is pro-rated accordingly. Employees who are living or travelling away from home are provided with a stipend to cover travel/living expenses.
We believe that people are catalysts and that organizations can only achieve their full potential with the right people on their team. This is true both for our clients and for KCI.
To be considered for this opportunity, candidates should please send their resume and letter of interest to Tara George, Partner / Lead, KCI Search + Talent via email at: Consultant@kciphilanthropy.com.
Submissions will be reviewed as they are received. We have some immediate opportunities, and are also anticipating additional needs later in 2021 and in 2022. Candidates will be invited to provide further information about availability and preferences once their submission is received.
To view the full Position Brief, please visit: www.kcitalent.com
KCI is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, equitable, and accessible work environment. KCI will, upon the request of the applicant, provide accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure equal access to applicants with disabilities. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation, please inform the search consultant listed above.