On the communications team at St. Joe’s Foundation, we are jacks of all trades and masters of all of them, too. As a small shop, we are copy writers, social media managers, video producers, speech writers and online content creators with something new and engaging on the go almost every single day.
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation
Full time, Intermediate Level
Reporting: Reports to the Vice-President, Communications & Community Engagement
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation:
At St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation, we’re dedicated to raising funds to support the highest priority needs of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton — an academic health sciences centre that’s been committed to exceptional patient care, research and the education and training of healthcare professionals for more than 130 years. A leader in healthcare philanthropy in our region, our Foundation is also part of a select group of Canadian charities accredited by Imagine Canada’s Standards Program.
With the increasing pressures upon our healthcare system, the roles of philanthropy, partnerships and investments from our generous community of donors and friends are more important than ever. As a Foundation team, we work closely with grateful patients, individual, corporate and foundation donors, healthcare professionals and research teams at the Hospital, and the wider community as a whole to raise funds for vital equipment needs, to help renovate patient care areas at the Hospital, and fund research studies that will inform the future of care. Join us on our inspiring mission to support Hope, Healing and Discovery at St. Joe’s.
Specific Responsibilities of the Communications Officer:
On the communications team at St. Joe’s Foundation, we are jacks of all trades and masters of all of them, too. As a small shop, we are copy writers, social media managers, video producers, speech writers and online content creators with something new and engaging on the go almost every single day. The core responsibilities of the Communications Officer will include:
- Creating, scheduling, posting and managing community engagement for the Foundation’s content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn. These channels are shared with the Hospital.
- Providing communications counsel, support and plans for all departments at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation including annual giving, special events and community partnerships, development, and finance and administration
- Participating in team meetings and strategy sessions with the Public Affairs Department of
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton to ensure Foundation and Hospital messages are aligned
- Composing compelling stories and articles of varying length and style for Foundation communication vehicles including: internal and external e-newsletters, annual reports, publications, websites, advertisements and newspaper supplements/inserts etc.
- Ensuring the Foundation has a regular and engaging presence within internal communications vehicles at the Hospital (Intranet, Internal E-Newsletter, Hospital website etc.)
- Developing suggested speaking remarks for donors and Foundation and Hospital executives for internal and external events and gift announcements
- Crafting key message documents, frequently asked questions summaries, voicemail and email templates for the Foundation Team
- Creating and uploading content for the Foundation’s website: www.stjoesfoundation.ca.
- Developing storyboards and scripting for Foundation videos and vignettes
The successful candidate will have the following abilities:
- Diploma/degree in a related communications, marketing or PR discipline
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar environment
- Superior writing, spelling, proofreading and editing skills
- The ability to distil complex information into engaging content for the community
- Microsoft Office Suite & Content Management System (CMS) abilities are key
- Knowledge of social media and communications best practices and emerging trends
- Eagerness and enthusiasm for fundraising communications, and a can-do attitude
- Superior interpersonal skills
- An understanding of the fundraising industry
- Experience with Blackbaud products such as Raiser’s Edge and Luminate
- Experience with social media management platforms such as Sprout Social
- Experience with Canva and/or Piktochart, Adobe Suite and WordPress websites/CMS
Salary and Benefits: The target hiring salary range for this position is $55,000 – $65,000
Deadline for Applications: Friday, Sept. 17, 2021
Application Procedure: Please e-mail resume and cover letter with heading ‘Communications Officer’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion: St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and inclusion. We aim to reduce barriers and support accessibility and as such, we will accommodate any needs set out under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.