Working with the Director, Revenue Development, the Communications and Resource Development Coordinator (CRDC) contributes to the mission of Community Support Connections by developing and distributing both internal and external communication materials to increase public awareness of the agency; complements the agency’s fundraising and appreciation events and initiatives, and supports communications projects across the agency. This involves building relationships with community partners and stakeholders and assisting with coordinating fundraising and appreciation events, directing content and preparing communication materials and grant applications, performing research, attending conferences and workshops, and other communications duties. Salary: $22.71 / hour
Posted On: August 11, 2023
Closing On: August 25, 2023
Location: Breslau, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Estimated Start Date: September 18, 2023
Salary: $22.71 / hour
At Community Support Connections, we wake up each morning energized about the difference we make in the lives of our clients; people who could be your parents, grandparents, friends, or neighbours. Working with hundreds of amazing volunteers, donors, and community partners, we provide a wide range of community supports for older adults and people with different abilities to help them live at home with independence and dignity – something we all deserve. We are truly caring and client-centered, and are constantly innovating; looking for new and better ways to provide the best care and supports possible.
Passion and commitment permeate everything we do. Driven by our values, we treat our clients, volunteers, donors, and each other, with dignity and respect. We recognize that diversity is the foundation for understanding the needs of our stakeholders. We believe the best way to serve our clients and volunteers is to create an environment and culture that empowers our staff to be as productive and happy as possible.
- Versatile work options including flexible hours or work from home hybrid
- Generous benefit days and group RRSPs
- Competitive health and dental benefits
- Access to our Employee and Family Assistance Plan (EFAP)
- On-site hot lunch options from our own kitchen
- Free parking
If what we do resonates with your core values, then we want to hear from you!
Who You Are: Our ideal candidate works independently with minimal support, is nimble, and brings creativity and fun to their work. You get excited about hearing and sharing our client, volunteer, and donor stories to inspire others to get involved. You love to take a project from concept to publication. You are organized, able to multitask and prioritize in an environment where we plan ahead but things always come up. You stay on top of regular duties, seeing projects through to completion with minimal support, and lead agency communications by identifying opportunities and suggesting solutions and new ways to reach our audiences. You find new ways for us to connect to our audiences based on your research and best practices. You are an internal and external communications champion, a strong advocate for organizational culture and values, and committed to working collaboratively with all staff and teams. You are passionate about making positive change in our community, love working as part of a responsive and ever-changing team, excited about supporting the older adult community and happy to go ‘above and beyond’.
- Develops and delivers strategic content calendar and communication materials based on organizational priorities, ensuring diversity and inclusion are considered in work
- Manages social media channels for agency and supports/leads fundraising events
- Manages website(s) including regular content reviews and updates
- Conducts stakeholder interviews, creating print and video stories editing with iMovie
- Directs and creates newsletters, press releases, and traditional media and online advertisements
- Performs graphic design, document layout, and proofreading in the preparation of written materials
- Works with various departments to prepare service and volunteer specific materials
- Builds connections with community partners to ensure community relationships are developed, enhanced, and nurtured to help the work of the agency
- Conducts research on best practices regarding communications, PR and marketing to support Community Support Connections’ communications strategy
- Develops, tracks, and reports analytics for websites, social media, and other initiatives
- Attends workshops, conferences, and networking events with community partners to build community support
- Completes continuous learning to stay on top of new platforms and role related legislation
- Develops content for fundraising event websites and social media channels to support ticket sales and sponsorships
- Creates invitations, advertisements, and other supporting materials for recognition and development events
- Composes grant applications for operating and capital needs based on organizational priorities
- Provides on-site event day communications support on relevant channels and websites, assists larger team with set up and tear down
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, Event Management, Website Design and Management, Graphic Design, or other related field preferred
- 2-3 years in similar role
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Experience with graphic design and web development
- Advanced user of Adobe Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier)
- Videography and editing on a Mac
- Capacity to quickly and accurately prepare a variety of documents and correspondences utilizing advanced features of software such as MS Office, SharePoint, Adobe Suite, and WordPress/HTML
- Strong organizational, project management, and problem-solving skills, complemented by multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail
- Commitment to handling confidential material and information with discretion
- Excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of the non-profit/charitable sector, more specifically the older adult sector, is an asset
Working Hours and Environment
- Willing and able to work occasional evenings and weekends for prescheduled committee meetings or events
- Extensive computer and telephone use
- Willing and able to split work between home and main office, based on agency need
- On-site for event days to provide communications and event support
Please submit your resume and cover letter highlighting the unique attributes you bring to the position by noon on August 25, 2023.
Pamela Polfuss-Schmidt – email@example.com
We are happy to accommodate the needs of qualified applicants in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you are contacted for an interview and anticipate needing accommodations for any part of the recruitment process, please let us know in advance how to best meet your needs.
Check out communitysupportconnections.org to learn more about our programs and services! You can also find us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn!