Interested individuals are invited to contact Randy Fallis, Search Consultant, Fallis Consulting at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this exciting opportunity.
In this newly envisioned role, you will work closely with the CEO in planning, designing, leading and ensuring effective and efficient execution and fulfillment of all fund development, marketing, communications, stewardship and recognition programs, activities and systems, including management of day-to-day operations. A particular focus of the new CDO will be directed towards the transformation of and execution of a comprehensive donor engagement and revenue generation strategy and related programs that will meet or exceed annual fundraising targets outlined in our new Foundation strategy. In order to achieve this goal the CDO will work closely with our growing Foundation Team and volunteers, Lakeridge Health leadership, physicians and staff to maximize each and every opportunity.
ABOUT BOWMANVILLE HOSPITAL & CLARINGTON
Bowmanville Hospital is undergoing its most significant transformation since its founding in 1913. Plans are underway to modernize and more than double the size of the hospital – an expansion that will play a pivotal role in meeting the future health care needs of our rapidly growing community. In addition to increasing hospital space and capacity, the project will enhance much-needed programs and services, including a critical care unit, new surgical services, expanded diagnostic imaging, in-patient units and a new emergency department.
Located within the Municipality of Clarington, Bowmanville is nestled along the shores of Lake Ontario and situated alongside Highway 401 to the south, Highway 407 to the north and Highway 35/115 to the east. As such, the Municipality is well connected to the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). Our current population is over 100,000 and expected to grow by more than 45% by 2031. As the eastern gateway to the GTA, we offer a blend of urban and rural lifestyles with an interesting mix of history and new development along with a unique quality of life and a progressive and engaged community. Once a bedroom community, Clarington is now at the centre of increasing economic activity as more and more people move away from Toronto looking for more affordable housing, more accessible services and community programs and a better quality of life.
ABOUT BOWMANVILLE HOSPITAL FOUNDATION
We are the fundraising arm of Bowmanville Hospital. Our mission is to “Enhance donor relationships to fund hospital projects and equipment not supported by the government.”
To meet the planned transformation of our hospital, the Foundation has embarked on the largest capital and fundraising campaign in its history. To give it the focus and momentum this critical endeavour requires, the Foundation launched the “We Care, We Can – Investing in Our Health Care” campaign to inspire the community to help support capital improvements and essential medical equipment needs for the Bowmanville Hospital. Our two fundraising goals are to raise:
- Phase One: To raise the community share of the estimated capital costs of the hospital redevelopment and expansion project; and
- Phase Two: Establish robust annual fundraising program after the capital campaign is complete.
Our community fundraising will have a singular focus: providing the latest equipment, tools, technology and infrastructure that will directly enhance the quality of health services available at Bowmanville Hospital.
For more information about the Bowmanville Hospital Foundation please visit Bowmanvillehospitalfoundation.com.
- Fostering a high-functioning, efficient and effective development function through timely and effective implementation of plans and systems.
- Ensuring proper planning including goal setting, strategy identification, benchmarking and evaluation to support fund development and marketing & communications.
- Initiating and ensuring design and implementation of an effective donor stewardship and recognition program.
- Initiating development and writing government proposals and solicitation materials.
- Initiating and ensuring appropriate prospect research.
- Ensuring compliance with Foundation values and policies, all relevant regulations and laws, maintaining accountability standards to donors and ensuring compliance with code of ethical principles and standards of professional conduct for fundraisers.
- Providing leadership in the identification, cultivation, recruitment, and development of fundraising staff and volunteers.
- Training, placing, coordinating and supervising fundraising volunteers.
- Establishing personal accountabilities for development staff and regularly evaluating performance.
- Ensuring sound fiscal operation of development function and marketing and communications including timely, accurate and comprehensive development of charitable contributions income and expense budgets, reporting, monitoring and implementation.
- Blending development resources in such a way as to maximize quantity and quality to obtain results, ensuring appropriate market testing to reduce risk and ensure success.
- Assisting Board Members, the CEO, fundraising volunteers and staff to identify, cultivate and solicit charitable gifts.
- Initiating and ensuring design and maintenance of donor and prospect records, and informational reports.
- A university/college education, e.g. fundraising, marketing, communications, or equivalent combination of education and fundraising experience, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Significant related experience in professional fundraising, with a focus on high-end donor cultivation, solicitation, stewardship and annual giving programs.
- Focused, innovative, organized, and self-motivated, a strong agile, strategic thinker who has the demonstrated ability to identify current trends and utilize data in decision-making to assess opportunities and develop strategies that will achieve the goals and objectives articulated in the strategic plan.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop and cultivate partnerships.
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse group of stakeholders and to represent the organization in a variety of settings.
- Experience in program planning and design and the ability to engage constructively in strategic planning processes.
- Strong capability to build the capacity of the team with interest and aptitude for mentoring, coaching, inspiring, leading and managing change.
- Comfortable working in a small shop and shifting seamlessly between directing and doing.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite and Raiser’s Edge software.
- Strong oral, aural and written communication skills.
The hiring range for this full-time role is $94,656 – $118,320 (with eligibility for performance-based pay increases beyond the maximum), plus a generous benefits package, RRSP matching program and flexible work environment.
Please note, a valid Ontario driver’s license, access to personal transportation and ability to work some evenings and weekends is a requirement of the position.
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination and maintenance of same is also a condition of employment. Accommodation will be made as required by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Interested individuals are invited to contact Randy Fallis, Search Consultant, Fallis Consulting at email@example.com for more information about this exciting opportunity. Candidates who are interested in pursuing this opportunity are requested to send a cover letter and resume in one pdf document setting out your experience, related accomplishments and salary expectation to the email address listed above by March 21, 2022. All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence. We thank all applicants, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Bowmanville Hospital Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed to satisfying the employment standards as set out under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Should you require accommodation through the recruitment, assessment, or selection processes, please notify the Search Consultant so that assistance can be provided.