The Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton is committed to having a workforce that is reflective of the diversity of the city of Hamilton and strongly encourages applications from all qualified individuals, especially those who can provide different perspectives and contribute to a further diversification of ideas.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Senior Manager of Fund Development and Communications is responsible for creating, implementing and leading the development program for the Society including the annual giving program, major gifts/capital campaigns, and planned giving. Leading a team of two, the incumbent is responsible for overseeing all communications efforts to encourage, promote and steward philanthropic support in each fundraising program; and for establishing and maintaining a communication program to enhance the Society’s image, align and support provincial initiatives, and strengthen community awareness of the Society’s mandate, programs, services and needs. The Senior Manager, Fund Development and Communications is a key member of the senior management team.
- Relevant experience (5+years) in a management role raising funds in the non-profit sector.
- University degree or college diploma in philanthropy, fundraising management or a suitable combination of experience and education.
- Sensitivity to working in, and with, a faith-based community.
- Proven fundraising success with individuals, corporations, foundations and community organizations.
- Experience and success in securing gifts of $5,000 plus; including developing a pipeline, prospect research, creating cases for support, moves management, and stewardship.
- Demonstrated ability to build a culture of philanthropy.
- Experience managing communications programs for internal and external audiences.
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills; a confident and articulate presenter.
- Proven ability to coach, mentor and support a small team of employees.
- Highly motivated, dynamic, proactive and professional with ability to manage numerous projects.
- Proven planning, financial, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated and collaborative to support and lead Board Members, volunteers and staff.
- A politically astute, entrepreneurial strategic thinker.
- Ability to oversee all standard philanthropic statistics and how to manage them for improvement.
- Excellent computer skills including Power Point, Excel, Word, CRM software, social media platforms and digital giving programs.
- Driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Able to work some evenings and weekends to attend meetings and events.
- Bilingual – French
- CFRE (or working towards it)
Salary Range: $75,000 – $85,000
This search is being conducted on behalf of the Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton (CCASH) by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this posting – we would be pleased to connect with them.
Submit your application (cover letter and resume in two separate documents) by July 21, 2021 to Heidi Stock, Executive Search Coordinator at email@example.com
For additional information on this position, please reach out to Gina at 647-529-5106 or Gina@crawfordconnect.com.
We thank all interested applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Catholic Children’s Aid Society of Hamilton is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to building an inclusive process that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please inform us.