The Director, Community Relations & Fundraising will develop and oversee an integrated strategy for philanthropic revenue growth and brand development that includes a full suite of fundraising programs with a particular focus on high-value streams of major donors, corporations, foundations, and partnerships. The incumbent should be a self-starter with the drive, commitment, and networking ability to foster existing income streams, and develop new ones from scratch.
Posted On: 2021-05-20
Closing On: 2021-06-20
Location: Pickering, ON
Employment Type: Contract (2-year)
Carea Community Health Centre currently has an exciting opportunity to join our growing team as a Director, Community Relations & Fundraising. In this 2-year, temporary contract position (35 hours per week), you will work from our Pickering location and report directly to the CEO.
Carea Community Health Centre (pronounced Care-ee-ah) is a registered charitable organization providing a variety of free, community programs and services to people of all ages across Oshawa, Whitby, Ajax, and Pickering.
Our services include: health promotion and wellness; primary care, counselling and mental health; diabetes education; Hepatitis C screening, treatment support, education and outreach; geriatric assessment & intervention; young parent support, early years, youth, Indigenous and community development programs.
Caring for the health and wellness of our communities’ residents is the cause that unites us. It shapes our thinking, guides our actions and gives us purpose. We push back against the barriers to health to make a difference in the lives of others, to empower them to enhance their well-being and lead a fulfilling life. It is how we give hope and bring dignity to every member of our community. We are Carea Community Health Centre.
Carea is seeking an experienced, innovative, and ambitious fundraising professional to help us achieve our new five-year strategy. With the full backing and alignment of Carea’s Board of Directors and Senior Leadership Team, and with team support, you will develop and oversee an integrated strategy for philanthropic revenue growth and brand development that includes a full suite of fundraising programs with a particular focus on high-value streams of major donors, corporations, foundations, and partnerships. You are a self-starter with the drive, commitment, and networking ability to foster existing income streams, and develop new ones from scratch.
- Develop a portfolio of high-value prospective donors and partners (individual, corporate, trusts, government, sector-based, etc.) from identification through to solicitation, including proposal and grant writing
- Create fundraising programs at Carea including major giving, corporate partnerships, direct response, and special events.
- Engage with program leads to develop case for giving
- Create donor engagement tools including proposals, presentations, stewardship reports and recognition programs to raise funds and awareness for Carea
- Strategically leverage the CEO to support and enhance the Board’s capacity to assist with fundraising goals
- Build clear messaging and narratives that unify the various elements of Carea’s work, with a focus on engaging potential donors and partners
- Advance Carea’s brand identity, through staff/board training and support, ensuring consistency across all channels
- Work closely with the Director, Corporate Services and CEO to establish income targets and metrics, for both the short and long term
- Develop strategies to support strong and positive donor relations, with particular emphasis on generating large, unrestricted gifts, in addition to donor acknowledgement, stewardship and recognition
- Work with the leadership team to develop marketing and communications plan to increase Carea’s profile and influence in key markets
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience; plus, option to participate in Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP).
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent/relevant experience; CFRE designation an asset
- At a minimum, 5+ years’ fundraising experience preferably in the charitable sector, responsibility for marketing and/or communications functions an asset
- Experience of CRM databases an asset
- A proven track record of identifying, cultivating, and stewarding multi-year relationships with donors
- Experience working effectively and collegially with members of senior leadership teams, boards, and other high-level volunteers.
- Exceptional networker with proven ability to identify and cultivate prospects through networking
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to make dynamic group presentations
- Strong financial analysis and planning skills, including the ability to anticipate tasks, set priorities, meet deadlines and function smoothly under strict deadlines and within a context of shifting priorities
- Event planning experience is desirable
- If you are interested in being considered for this position, please submit cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications and expectations by email to firstname.lastname@example.org . This position will remain posted until filled.
- While we thank all applicants for their interest in applying, only those qualified and considered for interview will be contacted. All applicant submissions will be kept on file for six months, for future consideration.
- All applicants are encouraged to provide a valid email address for communication purposes. Applicants may receive written correspondence regarding this job posting directly to the email address provided on their resume. As an applicant, it is your responsibility to ensure that you check your email regularly.
- All positions are subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions for all external hires: Reference Checks; and Criminal Background checks (including Vulnerable Sector Screening).
Carea Community Health Centre is committed to complying with all applicable standards as set out in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA), the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code, and any other applicable legislation. Accessibility: If you have accessibility needs and require alternate formats or other accommodations please contact Human Resources at 905-723-0036, or by email to email@example.com. Carea Community Health Centre, and staff are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment that welcomes diversity.