Provides proactive support to the Chief Development Officer, Director of Philanthropy, and Senior Manager, Major Gifts, and other philanthropy office team members in all activities related to the current capital campaign and major gift portfolio.
This is a full-time, permanent role initially located in downtown Toronto and relocating to Etobicoke in Spring 2023. This is a flexible, hybrid work environment with two days per week in-office minimum (one of those days will be Wednesday as that is a core in-office day). Salary Range: $64,000 – $68,000
Posted On: December 20, 2022
Closing On: January 27, 2023
Location: GTA (Hybrid)
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $64,000 – $68,000
Scott Mission is a Christian ministry of mercy and love. It aims to meet the needs of people with love and compassion and seeks to bring spiritual, physical, and emotional wholeness to their lives. Our Vision Prayer is Poverty in full retreat, flourishing for all, in Toronto and beyond.
Scott Mission was founded in 1941 by Rev. Morris and Mrs. Annie Zeidman as a non-denominational Christian organization responding to the needs of the poor, homeless, abandoned and vulnerable of all ages. Based in Toronto, the Mission offers practical, emotional and spiritual support to thousands of people every year.
While religious belief and practice are never conditions for receiving help and assistance, and everyone is welcome regardless of faith background, The Scott Mission is committed to the spiritual well-being of all people through the life and witness of Jesus Christ Their hope is for everyone to have a personal relationship with Jesus, and to express this relationship in a life of integrity and in acts of compassion toward others.
The Mission is privately funded and employs over 160 dedicated staff at 502 Spadina Road, Family Centre in East York, Collingwood Retreat Centre, Summer Camp in Caledon as well as our newest location, the Hub, due to open late spring 2023 at 5 McLachlan Drive, Etobicoke. While initially located at 502 Spadina Road, the position of Campaign Officer, Philanthropy, will move to the Hub when it opens https://scottmission.com/2022/11/24/our-new-hub/
Building on the vision of its founders, Scott Mission has remained Christ-centred in all its programs and services. It was Morris and Annie Zeidman’s belief that the hunger of the soul needed to be addressed as well as the hunger of the physical body. Our various ministries offer support and provisions for the homeless, low-income families, and children and youth.
Position Responsibilities Include:
- Provides proactive support to the Chief Development Officer, Director of Philanthropy, and Senior Manager, Major Gifts, and other philanthropy office team members in all activities related to the current capital campaign and major gift portfolio
- Work with the campaign team to create solicitation and stewardship strategies for major gifts prospects
- Supports the activities of campaign volunteers, including Scott Mission board members
- Prepares materials needed for major donor meetings including proposals, agendas, executive briefs
- Prepares, coordinates, and maintains campaign correspondence, including acknowledgements, reports, pledge reminders, and gift agreements
- Proactively manages the pipeline of prospective campaign and major gift donors
- Conducts prospect identification and research and assists with strategy for donor cultivation
- Manages the campaign timeline and promotes timely decision-making
- Plans and executes campaign events including cultivation and stewardship activities
- Ensures that every campaign gift and pledge is entered accurately into Raiser’s Edge and that regular campaign reports are pulled
- Build and maintain a strong knowledge of the Mission’s programs and funding priorities and ensure this is communicated with the fundraising team
- Maintains an updated list of naming opportunities and designated gifts
- Schedules meetings with prospective donors and coordinates follow-up
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Minimum of two years related fundraising experience; an understanding of integrated campaigns is preferable
- Excellent computer skills including word processing and database management using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), e-mail, scheduling software; knowledge of donor database (Raiser’s Edge experience is strongly preferred)
- Ability to assist in analyzing data, pulling and editing reports
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects across multiple functions with high efficiency, while consistently maintaining a thorough attention to detail and follow through
- Ability to organize and coordinate meetings with senior leaders, donors and other key stakeholders
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and achieve all deadlines
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written, combined with a customer focused approach and ability to handle requests in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner
- Demonstrated ability to exercise discretion and good judgment, take initiative, and respect the confidentiality of sensitive information and materials
- Professional demeanour and ability to deal comfortably and efficiently with senior staff, donors, as well as their support staff
- Able and available to work flexible hours, including some evenings
- Relevant University/College degree/diploma
- Ongoing professional development
- CFRE designation or working towards is preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to Scott Mission Statement of Faith and a heart to see lives transformed
- Compliance with Scott Mission policies and practices
To Apply: This search is being conducted on behalf of Scott Mission by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders and fundraisers for Canada’s non-profit sector. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website, in confidence.
To submit your application by January 27, 2023, please visit: http://crawfordconnect.com/for-candidates/job-openings/. Select the role and ‘Apply’ to upload your cover letter and resume in two separate documents. Issues with applying? Please email email@example.com.
For more information about the position, please contact Joanne Ticknor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 416.738-8993 / 1.866.647.5149. We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
If someone in your professional network is qualified and may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this information – we’d be pleased to connect with them.