Responsible for overseeing and providing strategic and functional leadership to the Foundation’s campaign design, development and operations, the Campaign Director will lead the strategy and coordinated implementation to bring the organization through the various phases of the comprehensive Campaign. They will be the primary resource to Foundation volunteers and staff on campaign deliverables, while acting as day-to-day functional and operational lead with the support of an evolving Campaign staff team.
As an integral member of the Leadership Team and working collaboratively and cross functionally across the Foundation, the Director will help to keep the Campaign on schedule and develop processes with a high level of visibility and momentum that engenders a sense of excitement, optimism, and confidence in achieving the campaign goals.
Salary Range: $108,000 – $138,000
Posted On: November 28, 2023
Closing On: January 12, 2024
Location: Newmarket, Ontario
Employment Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $108,000 – $138,000
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation is seeking an exceptional leader that is passionate about healthcare philanthropy to join the team as the new Campaign Director. Building off the success of the several recently completed spotlight campaigns for Men’s Health, Mental Health, the Maternal Child Program, and almost 70% to goal for its current $20M campaign for the Cancer Centre, Southlake is now squarely focused on executing the next transformational effort in support of its community and regional healthcare. To meet the exponential demand for care in support of our rapidly growing and aging communities, Southlake is establishing a two site health system with the ambitious re-development of the current site and building a new state-of-the-art hospital. This is a unique opportunity for this newly created leadership position to work collaboratively with the CEO and Chief Development Officer in partnership with the Hospital, and provide leadership and support to the entire Foundation Team of volunteers and staff to achieve transformational growth throughout this historic and comprehensive fundraising campaign.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Campaign Director will demonstrate deep knowledge of and commitment to Southlake’s mission, clinical priorities, the communities we serve, and the impact of philanthropy in advancing healthcare. The new Director will be the foremost champion of Southlake’s commitment to leading edge care close to home, our ambitious new Campaign and the role of transformative philanthropy to reimagine the future of healthcare.
ABOUT SOUTHLAKE REGIONAL HEALTH CENTRE FOUNDATION
Since the inception of Southlake Foundation in 1980, more than $234 million has been raised in support of Southlake Regional Health Centre. Working with members of our communities, volunteers, our Southlake Family and our dedicated donors, Southlake Foundation will continue to support the most urgent needs of our hospital, including things like life-saving medical equipment, infrastructure upgrades and expansions, patient programs and staff education, all for the goal of providing leading edge care for patients and families, close to home. For more information visit: www.southlakefoundation.ca.
Inspiring investment in Southlake’s future.
From ground-breaking procedures and innovative uses of technology to a commitment to the best in patient care, the future of Southlake is bright, and you can be part of it.
Be the leader in transformative philanthropy.
At Southlake Foundation, we fundraise with one goal in mind: supporting our leading edge hospital and the communities it serves. As our community grows and changes, our hospital and our Foundation fundraising goals grow too — always looking forward to ensure that we are serving our current and future patients best. Our donors are our partners, helping us through their investments to build healthy communities and reimagine healthcare.
THE VALUES THAT DRIVE US…
Our Shared Values with Southlake Regional Health Centre-
Power of Many – We cultivate partnerships for positive change.
What This Means to Us: By encouraging each other’s unique expertise, we value the diverse perspectives across our team and Southlake community to make a positive impact.
Serve with Purpose – We are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others.
What This Means to Us: Together, we are aligned to our vision and to building the path to arrive at our shared goals.
Every Voice Matters – We value all perspectives, listen respectfully, and take action.
What This Means to Us: We work collaboratively, with integrity, acceptance, and open-mindedness, always presuming goodwill, as we build supportive and honest relationships.
Courage to Think Differently – We embrace creativity, diversity, and innovation in all we do.
What This Means to Us: As a learning organization, we build trust, embrace the open sharing of new ideas, and value individual and collective contributions, courage, and inclusivity.
Always with Compassion – We treat everyone like friends and family.
What This Means to Us: We support and respect one another and all of our stakeholders, encouraging an atmosphere of compassion to facilitate positive collaboration.
ABOUT SOUTHLAKE REGIONAL HEALTH CENTRE
Southlake is building healthy communities through outstanding care, innovative partnerships, and amazing people. We deliver a wide range of healthcare services to the communities of northern York Region and southern Simcoe County. Our advanced regional programs include Cancer Care and Cardiac Care and serve a broader population across the northern GTA and into Simcoe-Muskoka.
Our team of 6,000 staff, physicians, volunteers, students and Patient and Family Advisors are committed to creating an environment where the best experiences happen. As a recognition of our commitment to quality and patient safety, we have received the highest distinction of Exemplary Standing from Accreditation Canada.
With an annual operating budget of over $550 million, we are for one of Ontario’s most rapidly growing and aging populations and have developed an exciting plan for new facilities to serve our communities into the future. A member of the Southlake Community Ontario Health Team, we are working with our partners to deliver connected care to northern York Region and southern Simcoe County.
Top 10 Things You Might Not Know About Southlake Regional Health Centre
- Ranked in the list of Top 10 Best Hospitals in Ontario by Newsweek.
- Consistently has among the shortest wait times to see a physician in the Emergency Department of any hospital in Ontario.
- Home of Ontario’s 4th largest regional cardiac program, which offers virtually every service, eliminating the need to travel downtown for advanced cardiac care.
- Home to numerous cardiac care “firsts” (including one of two centres in Canada that does advanced electrophysiology studies, the first centre to perform leadless pacemaker insertion, and the most progressive aortic valve insertion program) and home to world-class cardiac physicians who are leaders in their field.
- Home to the Stronach Regional Cancer Centre, one of Ontario’s leading cancer programs and the first to partner with Princess Margaret Cancer Centre in the new Princess Margaret Cancer Care Network. A key partner with SickKids, Southlake also has the second-largest pediatric cancer program, providing leading edge care close to home for children with cancer.
- Home of the first PET-CT scanner in Central Region of Ontario, so patients will no longer need to travel downtown.
- One of 78 hospitals in North America to achieve the highest rank for high-quality patient outcomes from the American College of Surgeons.
- One of the largest hospitals in Ontario—a $550 million operation with over 6,000 employees, medical staff, volunteers, learners, and Patient and Family Advisors.
- A Canadian leader in integrated care, creating the unique “Southlake@home” model—the first of its kind in Ontario, which has now spread to dozens of hospitals across the province.
- An international leader in innovative value-based procurement, partnering with industry to improve patient care, outcomes, and experience while containing costs.
- Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation
- Southlake Regional Health Centre
- About Southlake Regional Health Centre
- Board of Directors
- Philanthropy Cabinet
- Physicians’ Council
- Giving to Southlake
- Annual Reports & Financial Statements
- Strategic Plan 2019 – 2023
- Care Programs
- Leadership Team
- News & Media at the Foundation
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively with the President & CEO and the Chief Development Officer to develop, implement, manage, and evaluate a campaign strategy across various channels in support of a comprehensive, multi-million-dollar transformational campaign.
- Responsible for the timely and successful execution of Southlake’s comprehensive campaign including tactical and operational implementation and strategy consultation.
- Collaborate with key Southlake representatives to support the development of appropriate fundraising priorities and ensure employees and volunteers are supported and setup for success to drive the objectives of the Campaign.
- In conjunction with the President & CEO and Chief Development Officer, develop an enabling volunteer structure and staff support model to drive campaign goals and identify, recruit and train key leadership volunteers to support the campaign volunteer structures.
- Liaise with various internal stakeholders to develop a case for support, priorities, proposals, and stewardship reports for all donors in coordination with the Marketing and Communications Team.
- Collaborate with Marketing and Communications to ensure consistent messaging and to optimize the use of communications vehicles to promote campaign and funding priorities.
- Collaborate with Senior Leadership and Director, Principal Gifts to develop a strategy and execution plan for prospect lists and gift chart development.
- Collaborate with Fundraising Operations to develop a moves management process to advance, track and monitor donor development performance indicators. Lead the strategic development and delivery of donor development events, collaborating with the Director, Principal Gifts on the engagement of clinicians and leaders to bring donors closer to our mission to inform and inspire their investment in Southlake.
- Support other elements of fundraising, including collaborating with events and annual programs to support a cross-functional team to advance key components that ensure campaign cadence and milestones are achieved to drive overall campaign success.
- Translate campaign strategy discussions into concrete plans and provide strategic oversight of their execution.
- Develop annual budget and monitor progress to campaign plan.
- Lead four direct reports and recruit, hire, manage, and train additional Foundation staff as required through the phases of the Campaign.
- Provide leadership, direction, coaching, and encouragement to a staff of fundraising professionals, to raise sights, and support them in reaching Campaign goals.
- In partnership with the Chief Development Officer, provide guidance, training, and support to colleagues and volunteers who serve as partners in Campaign activities.
- In partnership with the Donor Experience Team develop campaign ready donor acknowledgment, recognition and stewardship processes and products and provide strategic oversight of stewardship plans for our top 30 donors.
- Work with various internal teams to develop campaign reporting, monitoring, and tracking against campaign goals and key performance indicators.
- Develop Campaign processes and administrative support structures.
- Work with the Leadership Team to ensure compliance with all regulations, policy and ethical standards that pertain to fundraising for a Campaign.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Progressive fundraising program leadership experience and a proven track record of responsibility for major gift development and processes
- University degree or comparable professional training and experience
- Experience working with cross-functional teams to achieve campaign goals.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with internal staff, donors, volunteers, hospital representatives and other key stakeholders.
- The ability to demonstrate success in campaign design, strategy, pipeline management and meeting targets.
- The ability to think strategically and work proactively managing competing priorities.
- Exceptional communication skills, writing and interpersonal skills, in addition to well-developed presentation abilities.
- Experience navigating complex organizations and relationships.
- Well-developed business acumen along with advanced analytical experience.
- Excellent project management skills and capacity with an attention to detail.
- Proven ability to support staff colleagues and manage volunteer and hospital partner involvement in major gifts fundraising.
- Experience supporting senior fundraising volunteers.
- Experience as a leader in creating and/or enhancing diverse and inclusive work environments.
- Ability to manage vertically and horizontally and to lead through influence; investing in relationships to work effectively with senior leaders and mission partners, collaboratively with peers and stakeholders and coach and mentor staff to meet business objectives.
- Strong critical thinking skills and the confidence and judgement to make decisions within areas of responsibility.
- Resilient with the ability to solve problems, thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment, and effectively manage multiple projects and timelines working collaboratively with and through others in the complexities of a not-for-profit organization.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, a personal reputation for integrity and the highest ethical standards. Demonstrated passion for healthcare philanthropy with experience working in a healthcare environment is considered an asset.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
KCI Search + Talent has been retained to conduct this search on behalf of Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation. For more information about this opportunity, please contact Helena Debnam, Senior Consultant, KCI Search + Talent by email at Southlake@kcitalent.com.
All inquiries and applications will be held in strict confidence. Interested candidates should send resume and letter of interest to the email address listed above by January 12, 2024.
To view the full position brief, visit www.kcitalent.com.
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation is committed to its people and the talents, capabilities, and perspectives they bring to our mission. We live that commitment by being open and accessible to all, by valuing and respecting every individual, and by equally supporting every employee.
Southlake Regional Health Centre Foundation is committed to fairness and equity in employment and our recruitment and selection practices. Please inform us of your needs if you require an accommodation of any kind and are contacted for an interview.
The salary range for this position is $108,000 – $138,000 with eligibility for up to 10% in variable pay on achievement of individual and team goals, a full range of benefits, including a defined benefit pension through HOOPP, and a flexible, hybrid work policy.