The Senior Development Officer, Database Management will manage and maintain the Advancement and Community Engagement database and provide data-driven analytics and reports in support of Branksome Hall’s fundraising goals.
Posted On: 2021-07-15
Closing On: 2021-08-13
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: September 2021
Employment Type: Full-Time
A leading International Baccalaureate (IB) World School for girls, Branksome Hall challenges and inspires students to love learning and shape a better world. We encourage students to push boundaries, unleash their imagination and to explore creative solutions to challenges of all sizes and scopes. The world is ever-changing and Branksome Hall places innovation at the forefront in preparing our students for the future and as influential, confident leaders.
As a member of the growing Advancement and Community Engagement team, the Senior Development Officer (SDO) will manage and maintain the Advancement and Community Engagement (ACE) database (Raiser’s Edge NXT) and provide data-driven analytics and reports in support of Branksome Hall’s fundraising goals. The candidate will maintain the integrity of the database and constituent information, and manage financial reconciliations, oversee business rules and procedures.
Ensuring that the data is current and relevant, the incumbent is also responsible for data governance, improvement, analysis and reporting, database and web integration. Reporting to the Director, Campaign and Development, the SDO also coordinates relevant staff training and payment management to maximize fundraising revenue, communication impact, and outreach.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Create, update and maintain overall systems for Raiser’s Edge NXT, including but not limited to effective set up and maintenance of database codes, accuracy of donor and prospect names, salutations and contact information, maintain accurate soft credit and pledge input, etc.;
- Database analysis and reporting including, but not limited to, managing all requests for information from Raiser’s Edge and developing queries, exports and reports required for reconciliation, audit, analysis, strategic planning, donor recognition programs, etc.;
- Gift entry, acceptance and acknowledgement, providing letters, tax receipts ensuring compliance with CRA regulations;
- Create, update and maintain overall systems for Raiser’s Edge NXT, manage user records, assign security and manage distribution of email communication.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Related post-secondary education, or equivalent combination of experience and education;
- Three or more years of database management experience, ideally in the non-profit sector;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Raiser’s Edge Professional (bCRE-Pro) level certification;
- Demonstrated proficiency with Blackbaud NXT Fundamentals certification considered an asset;
- Experience in an independent school or higher education would be considered an asset;
- Experience with upgrading/improving information systems and familiarity with income tax receipting requirements as mandated by the CRA;
- Superior time and project management skills;
- Strong communication skills with excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills;
- A demonstrated ability to contribute to strategic thinking and planning while providing recommendations to improve processes and results;
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications;
- Understanding of Financial Edge would be considered an asset.
How to Apply:
To apply for this opportunity, please visit our careers page and submit your cover letter and resume by August 13, 2021.
Branksome Hall is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position. Branksome Hall is strongly committed to diversity, equity and inclusion within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons/persons of colour, Indigenous/Aboriginal People of North America, persons with (dis)abilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas, and champion diversity in its broadest sense. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates engaging in all parts of the recruitment and selection process at Branksome Hall.
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.