This position leads the development and execution of the direct response, events, corporate and community partnerships portfolios in alignment with the Foundation’s current strategic plan and annual operating business plan. The Associate Director also manages a portfolio of major giving donors.
Posted On: 2021-08-04
Closing On: 2021-08-29
Location: Georgetown, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, PHILANTHROPY & EVENTS
About The Georgetown Hospital Foundation
The Georgetown Hospital Foundation partners with our community to build awareness and inspire giving to raise funds for essential equipment and services for Georgetown Hospital. We are grateful for the tremendous support from individuals and businesses in Halton Hills and Brampton that help the Foundation fund the highest priority equipment, capital and program needs of the hospital.
Our team executes a diverse portfolio of fundraising activities, supported by a strong core of volunteers and Board of Directors. The Foundation is poised to enter an exciting period that will transform healthcare in our community in the years to come.
Reporting to the Executive Director, this position leads the development and execution of the direct response, events, corporate and community partnerships portfolios in alignment with the Foundation’s current strategic plan and annual operating business plan. The Associate Director also manages a portfolio of major giving donors.
We are looking for a self-motivated, results oriented fundraising professional who will embrace our mission and vision and demonstrate our values of accountability, respect and excellence which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
The Associate Director will supervise and coach one full time staff plus occasional temporary staff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Achieve ambitious revenue goals and growth targets using both traditional and innovative strategies
- Work collaboratively on strategies to increase the level of engagement of donors and sponsors
- Lead direct response programs and acquisition campaigns
- Manage all Foundation events and community partnerships
- Identify, recruit, train and recognize event committee volunteers, and support the Development & Recognition Committee of the Board of Directors
- Directly solicit major gifts and sponsorships from individuals, corporations and foundations
- Develop and monitor annual budgets
- Participate in donor stewardship and retention activities
- Manage Development Officer and temporary staff
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree and/or College diploma required and at least five years of related experience
- Fundraising Management or Special Events Diploma from a recognized Community College or University an asset; CFRE certification a strong asset
- Proven track record of fundraising success including personally securing major gifts and/or corporate sponsors
- Demonstrated successful management of events; experience with peer-to-peer fundraising events an asset
- Significant volunteer management experience, including leading volunteer committees
- Staff management experience an asset
- Capital campaign experience an asset
- Superior understanding of fundraising best practices, including moves management
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to establish positive relationships with a broad range of internal and external partners
- Excellent ability to effectively communicate and persuade others (written, oral and presentation skills)
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and manage competing priorities
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fun, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated self-confidence, initiative, perseverance and integrity
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and high degree of comfort with using a donor database for tracking prospect activity. Raiser’s Edge experience is an asset
Other Job Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be flexible to work occasional non-traditional work hours that might include evenings and weekends based on operational needs
- Valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
- A criminal background check and signed confidentiality agreement is required
The target hiring range for this position is $80,000-90,000. Benefits include an industry leading pension plan (HOOPP), comprehensive group health and dental, and an employee wellness program.
Please submit your application on-line via www.haltonhealthcare.on.ca/careers directly to this posting and include a cover letter and current copy of your resume by August 29, 2021. We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
The Georgetown Hospital Foundation has a commitment to diversity and accessibility. We are committed to providing accommodations [for people with disabilities]. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. We ask for everyone’s cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.