The Associate Director, Development is responsible for increasing philanthropic revenue for the Ivey Business School by: managing a significant personal portfolio of assigned major gift prospects; assuming responsibility for cultivating and soliciting support from them, both individually and/or in collaboration with the Dean, Executive Director, Associate Deans, senior faculty and volunteers. The Associate Director, Development will manage a portfolio of approximately 80-100 major gift donors with an annual major gift fundraising goal of $1-$3 million. Salary Range: $82,800-$103,500
Posted On: December 5, 2022
Closing On: December 17, 2022
Location: London, Ontario (possibility to be Toronto based)
Employment Type: Full Time (35/hours a week) 3-year renewable contract.
Salary Range: $82,800-$103,500
Who We Are:
Ivey Business School acknowledges and respects the traditional lands of the Anishinaabek, Haudenosaunee, Lūnaapéewak, and Attawandaron peoples, where Western University and Ivey Business School are located. This land continues to be home to diverse Indigenous peoples, whom we recognize as contemporary stewards of the land and vital contributors of the community.
Ivey Business School (www.ivey.ca) at Western University (www.uwo.ca) is Canada’s leading provider of real-world, case-based business education. Drawing on extensive research and business experience, Ivey’s faculty provides the best classroom experience, equipping students with the knowledge, skills, and capabilities they need to confidently take on today’s leadership challenges and opportunities through Case-Method Learning. Ivey offers undergraduate and graduate degree programs, as well as Executive Education at campuses in London, Toronto, and Hong Kong.
What You’ll Do:
- Major Gift Portfolio Management
- Manage a portfolio of assigned major gift prospects, providing strategic and tactical direction to the definition and successful pursuit of projected gift targets. Assume responsibility for identifying, cultivating, stewarding, and soliciting support from them, both individually and/or in collaboration with the Dean, Associate Deans, senior faculty and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain a good working knowledge of Ivey’s activities, priorities and needs in teaching, research, and outreach.
- Nurture and develop sustainable long-term relationships with alumni, key stakeholders and members of the Ivey community.
- Research and analyze the giving potential and propensity of major gift prospects. Develop thoughtfully conceived and personally tailored strategies to engage and guide their involvement and eventual investment in the School’s development program.
- Analyze data and prepare written materials including tailored proposals, correspondence, briefing notes, progress reports, and planning documents as appropriate.
- Partner with the Associate Director, Stewardship to engage in stewardship activities as appropriate.
- Collaborate on joint fundraising opportunities with Western University colleagues as appropriate.
- Faculty Engagement
- Develop a strong understanding of research expertise through proactive meetings with faculty, attending events and faculty presentations in order to understand the relevance for potential donors.
- Engage faculty leadership in Centres and Institutes to cultivate, solicit and steward support for key fundraising initiatives.
- Analyze data and prepare written materials including tailored proposals, correspondence, briefing notes, progress reports, and planning documents as appropriate and collaborate with appropriate School administrators and faculty in identifying attractive opportunities for donor investment.
- Guide and support the participation of key university administrative leaders and volunteers in the process of cultivating and soliciting major gifts.
What You Have:
Education and Experience:
- A University degree in business, communications, arts or related field
- Five years of progressive experience in fundraising work or related experience in sales, marketing, business development or customer relations.
- CFRE designation will be considered an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust in alumni, friends, corporate and foundation stakeholders
- Superior listening skills and the ability to interpret the concerns and interests of potential stakeholders and translate them into attractive opportunities for investment in the School’s development priorities
- Ability to organize and manage a diverse range of assignments and projects with high efficiency, yet thorough attention to detail and follow through
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and writing skills, including the expertise to create fundraising materials and proposals.
- Resourceful and independent, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
- Appreciation of the mission, purpose and values of a comprehensive university and, more particularly, a teaching business school and its responsiveness to the educational and research requirements of a sophisticated international business community.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a very high pressure, fast paced and demanding work environment is required.
- Political acumen and problem-solving skills are required.
What We Offer:
- A bright, inclusive, and modern eco-friendly working environment
- Flexible or hybrid work plans for many roles
- A collaborative and engaging work culture
- Opportunity to join a community of people-focused professionals
- Market competitive compensation with annual increases available
- Generous benefits package with employer-paid premiums, including a comprehensive Health and Dental Plan, Health Care Spending Account, as well as short- and long-term disability programs
- Enhanced mental health benefits coverage and resources
- A generous group retirement savings plan with 7.5% employer contributions
- Life and AD&D insurance for you and your family
- Out-of-country travel insurance
- Vacation starting at 15 days per year plus 2 paid Ivey Personal Days
- Paid time off during the School’s December holiday closure
- Numerous campus-wide arts, culture, and sport events
- Supports for professional development and career progression opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program with family coverage
London, Ontario (possibility to be Toronto based)
Full-time (35/hours a week) 3-year renewable contract.
Based on the salary band for this role, candidates can expect to be offered a starting salary in the range of $82,800-$103,500. When determining salary, Ivey Business School considers the external market, candidate qualifications, as well as internal equity. Once in the role, successful candidates will have the opportunity to progress through the range and beyond the hiring range of the band, through annual increases.
If you are excited about the opportunity to work for Canada’s most prestigious business school, working alongside the brightest staff, students, and globally recognized faculty, tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter via the Ivey Careers page today.
Application will close Friday, December 16th, 2022 at 11:59PM.
For more information regarding Western’s Covid-19 updates, please visit the following link: https://www.uwo.ca/coronavirus/updates/index.html
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion at Ivey
Ivey Business School is committed to Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion. Please explore Ivey’s EDI homepage for more information on Ivey’s commitment to EDI, to read about Ivey’s progress in the EDI Update, and to meet Ivey’s EDI Advisory Council members.
Ivey Business School invites applications from all qualified individuals. Ivey is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcomes applications from women, members of racialized groups/visible minorities, Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation, and persons of any gender identity or gender expression.
Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Please contact us at email@example.com to notify us of any needs related to completing the job application, and/or throughout the recruitment process.