As Alumni Advancement Manager for Lang, you will be a member of the AA&D team and, as such, epitomize the department’s shared values of respect, empowerment, integrity, appreciation, and forward focus. Reporting to the Associate Director, Annual Giving, and in consultation with the Dean and faculty, you will engage alumni in the life of the School through annual giving fundraising (contributions of up to $25,000) and strategic relationship management through events and programs.
Temporary, full-time position (May 2023 to May 2024)
This is an exciting opportunity for a strong communicator and relationship builder to join a high-performing team of passionate fundraising professionals at the University of Guelph (U of G), one of Canada’s leading comprehensive research-intensive universities, and work with alumni, donors and volunteers.
Salary Range: $64,806 minimum, to $81,007 midpoint, to $97,208 max
Posted On: April 10, 2023
Closing On: May 3, 2023
Location: Guelph, Ontario
Employment Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Job Experience: Management
Salary Range: $64,806 minimum to $81,007 midpoint to $97,208 max
In our work, at the department of Alumni Affairs & Development (AA&D), we advance the mission of the University of Guelph by raising private support and building relationships with a broad range of stakeholders – from alumni and friends, to corporations and foundations. The Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics (Lang) is a globally focused business school, dedicated to improving life through business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding donors and prospects through the fundraising cycle;
- Managing a pipeline of 80-100 donors/prospects and undertaking 5-7 calls/month;
- Managing strategic class/group reunion activity and class/group fundraising activity, including peer-to-peer fundraising;
- Collaborating on all School-related annual giving initiatives, including mass appeals and stewardship communications;
- Providing a strategic lens for on- and off-campus alumni engagement opportunities, including events;
- Managing key volunteer relationships, including alumni boards/committees, and coordinating alumni volunteers for various University activities and School-specific activities;
- Collaborating with colleagues in AA&D to develop effective communications strategies that keep alumni and annual giving donors informed of relevant and strategic activities; and
- Supporting relevant day-to-day alumni correspondence and outreach.
Some evening and weekend work will be required, along with possible travel in support of certain activities.
To assume the role of Alumni Advancement Manager, you should be a results-oriented leader and relationship builder with persuasive communication skills and a profile that includes:
An undergraduate degree and three (3) years of experience in a related field, with preference being given to those with experience in a post-secondary environment or a non-profit program management, or an equivalent combination of education/experience.
- Strong written and interpersonal communications skills, including effective relationship-building.
- Ability to think and act quickly and effectively under pressure, exercising tact, diplomacy, discretion, and good judgment.
- Results orientation, with the ability to take initiative and self-manage.
- Comfort working in a role with a considerable amount of autonomy.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite and donor databases and/or CRM systems.
- Experience managing volunteers or staff.
- Experience in event management.
The University of Guelph (www.uoguelph.ca) is one of Canada’s leading research-intensive comprehensive institutions, with a record of outstanding scholarship in the arts, humanities, social sciences, life sciences, physical and engineering sciences, agriculture and veterinary sciences. This is your chance to join us in our endeavour to improve life.
To view a detailed posting for the role of Alumni Advancement Manager, Lang, including application instructions, please go to our website at www.uoguelph.ca/hr/careers. Applications, quoting Hiring #2023-0208, must be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
At the University of Guelph, fostering a culture of inclusion is an institutional imperative. The University invites and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including from groups that are traditionally underrepresented in employment, who may contribute to further diversification of our Institution.