Feed Nova Scotia is seeking a highly collaborative and enthusiastic individual to join a team that raises $6 million annually through a balanced mix of fundraising activities and manages a multi-faceted communications program.
Posted on: May 17
Closing on: May 26
Salary Range: $44,407-$46,744
Effective: June 27, 2022
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Experience: Intermediate
Reporting to the Director of Development and Communications, the Development Coordinator will work especially closely with the Development Officer, who oversees all things related to third party fundraising and partnerships. Following the Development Officer’s lead, the Development Coordinator supports the management and growth of a large portfolio of relationships among businesses and individuals who raise food, funds, and awareness to support our work. The size and scope of these third-party events and relationships varies significantly, from private workplace food drives to large, community-wide events, cause marketing campaigns, and peer-to-peer fundraising. This is a permanent, full-time position, working 37.5 hours per week.
What does a Development Coordinator do?
- Follow up with past third-party event organizers to renew their support
- Respond to inquiries from groups and individuals interested in hosting food drives and fundraising activities
- Explore, identify and engage with potential opportunities for new third-party donor relationships
- Register third party events, and provide promotional materials and logistics support as needed
- Act as point of contact with internal colleagues for third-party event requirements (e.g., prepare and submit timely and detailed requests for volunteer support; work with operations team to arrange drop-off and pick-up logistics for donations)
- Provide onsite support for third-party events, as needed, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Contribute to an engaging and impactful experience for event volunteers
- Play a lead role in nurturing select relationships and events
- Contribute to the maintenance of comprehensive donor records through diligent data management practices, including the provision of detailed information to the Administration Team for accurate gift entry and tracking
- Act as a strong brand ambassador, seizing opportunities to promote Feed Nova Scotia’s work in the community and align donor engagement with the organization’s mission and messaging
- Collaborate with the Development Officer to create and implement annual stewardship and engagement plans to facilitate key, ongoing partnerships
What are we looking for?
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in fundraising, communications, business, social sciences or related field
- 1-3 years of related work experience; a combination of education and experience may be considered as an equivalent
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects and event logistics simultaneously
- Excellent customer service and relationship management skills (phone, email and in person)
Strategic and goal-oriented
- Positive, outgoing personality
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Social media marketing savvy considered an asset
- Centres equity, diversity, and inclusion in their work
- High level of integrity, discretion, and respect for privacy and confidentiality standards
- Please note: this position will occasionally need to transport event supplies to and from offsite events. Therefore, the successful candidate will require access to a personal vehicle, and/or the ability to be added to Feed Nova Scotia’s vehicle insurance policy (this requires a valid driver’s license and drivers abstract showing clean record for at least five (5) years)
The annual salary range for this position is $44,407-$46,744, paid out on a biweekly basis. Our total compensation package includes three weeks of paid vacation, group insurance (after 3 months) and an employer contributed group RRSP (after 6 months).
If you are looking for a truly unique and powerful opportunity to influence positive change in your community, please submit a cover letter and resume in one PDF document that clearly indicates how you meet the requirements of this position to: email@example.com by 11:59pm on Thursday, May 26, 2022. Please include Development Coordinator in the subject line.
For us to create meaningful, sustainable change, equity, diversity and inclusion must be centred in every aspect of our work. As a provincial organization with influence and credibility, we recognize the responsibility we have to hold ourselves accountable to this. We know our efforts will effect more change if our employees, their identities, and their lived experiences are reflective of the communities we work with and live in.
Through ongoing work that empowers everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to Feed Nova Scotia every day, we want to build a culture where difference is valued. We know where we want to be, but we’ll be honest—we aren’t there yet, and we won’t get there overnight. But we’re committed to doing the work, and we hope you’ll join us on our journey and share your strengths as a member of our team.
If you require any accommodations to submit your application successfully, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902-457-1900. Thank you for your interest in working with us at Feed Nova Scotia!