Reporting to the Executive Director, The Fundraising Coordinator works to increase the revenue and awareness of Project SHARE by planning and implementing annual fundraising campaigns, creating agency marketing materials, public & media relations to increase community partnerships. The Fundraising Coordinator leads the fundraising department working closely with department staff, a volunteer fundraising committee, the Executive Director, donors, and community partners to plan and implement campaigns and generate support for our mission.
Niagara Falls Ontario
Closing April 29, 2022
Full Time, Intermediate Level
- Create comprehensive fundraising plan to meet annual department goals and budgets and plan for longterm growth through financial and in-kind donations
- Donor relations including recruitment, cultivation, and stewardship
- Write grants and funding proposals, following up with impact reports
- Prospect research to identify potential donors
- Design and launch planned giving campaign
- Create annual direct mail appeals (min 2/year)
- Work with department staff on event planning, execution, and evaluation
- Prepare monthly department reports for the board of directors
- Chair fundraising committee
- Enhance the donor experience ensuring alignment and consistency in cultivation, solicitation and
stewardship across mail, email, phone, and other channels
- Increase overall revenue from and percentage of individual donors participating in monthly giving
- Source opportunities for new partnerships and presence at community events
- Maintain current agency advertising and marketing including continuous updates to social media,
- Create communication materials including e-newsletters, brochures, annual report etc. with focus on
digital marketing campaign
- Public speaking to media, community, and donor groups
- Coordinate local participation in Food Banks Canada and Feed Ontario provincial and national
- Maintain up to date fundraising policies
- Manage Donor Perfect database including creation of procedures for consistent data entry, queries,
reports, and donation processing and receipting in compliance with Canada Revenue Agency regulations.
- Monitor, analyze and evaluate campaign success calculating cost per dollar raised to determine return on
- Create budgets, plans, surveys, and reports
- Participate in programs, activities, and special projects as requested
Education and Experience
- 2-5 years’ experience working in fundraising with a registered charity leading fundraising campaigns.
Experience developing fundraising strategies.
- Post-Secondary education in fundraising, communications, public relations, marketing or related field
equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated experience with donor databases, preferably Donor Perfect
- CFRE designation is an asset
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Passion for mission-driven work and personal values aligned with those of Project SHARE. Concern for and
interest in issues of poverty, food security and/or social justice.
- Ability to speak publicly and communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Skills in computer and web applications including Microsoft Office, Google sheets, Google analytics,
website, and social media management
- Graphic design skills to create agency ongoing promotional materials
- Effective time management skills and the ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Exceptional project management skills to set goals and priorities, create/implement action plans and budgets,
document, evaluate and learn
- Valid driver’s license and current Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) indicating clean driving history and
vulnerable sector police clearance certificate required
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- On site office with a regular work week of 37.5 hours Mon-Fri. Occasional evening and weekend work
required for attendance at meetings and special events, where lieu time is given.
- Flexible, versatile, and able to adapt in a changing work environment.
- Interacts with employees, volunteers, external stakeholders and management with dignity, respect, and
- Permanent, full-time position with benefits
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter including salary expectations to
Pam Sharp, Executive Director email@example.com.
Project SHARE of Niagara Falls provides essential support services that improve the lives of Niagara Falls individuals and
families in need. As a non-profit charitable organization, Project SHARE has been providing emergency food and support
services to residents of Niagara Falls for more than 30 years. Our emergency food services provide food to individuals in
Niagara Falls who are living below the poverty line. To end the struggle against poverty and empower those in need, Project
SHARE offers 16 additional programs and services including housing and utility support, health, community gardens,
learning opportunities and special programs that support families at Christmas and back-to-school. The acronym SHARE
represents support, housing, awareness, resources, and emergency