The Association of Fundraising Professionals is a great resource for building your skills and expertise as a professional fundraiser or board member of a not-for-profit organization. Some of the many benefits of your membership include:
• Specific and individualized knowledge to advance your fundraising/advancement department. Our goal is to provide you with the opportunity to view and share the latest resources from around our industry though our lunch-and-learns, breakfast sessions, meet-ups, our web site and more. You also have access with your membership to AFP International's Fundraising Resource Center which can respond to your unique requests with articles, resources and samples that give you what you need as well as special AFP conferences and events which focus on the increasingly important specializations within the field.
• The best training and education in the field. We offer varied continuing educational opportunities through master classes, mini-conferences and other avenues for all fundraisers, regardless of experience level or specialty, and most can help you attain and keep your certification (CFRE), and to demonstrate your commitment to and expertise in the profession.
• Plenty of networking opportunities. Through breakfast plenary’s, National Philanthropy Day Awards Luncheons and meet-ups, our chapter offers a broad range of networking engagements for our members and community.
• Professional Development Assistance. We offer bursaries to help cover some of your professional development costs. Funding is available to help you attend that next conference or event down the road, whether it is here in the Golden Horseshoe, in Toronto, or across the border. We make it easier to access some of the best fundraising conferences in North America.
Other benefits to your membership (available through our Chapter or AFP International)
Research and Practice Tools
• AFP Code of Ethical Principles and Standards
• Ethics Assessment Inventory
• International Statement of Ethical Principles
• Donor Bill of Rights
• AFP International Fundraising Resource Center
• Hot Topics on Fundraising Issues
• Information Exchange
• Think Tank Research
• Annual AFP Compensation and Benefits Study
• Fundraising Effectiveness Study
• Nonprofit Research Collaborative Survey
• Discussion Groups
• Professional Job Postings Online
• Mentoring Programs
• National Philanthropy Day - public relations for the profession
• Legislative Activities
• International Conference on Fundraising
• AFP Fundamentals of Fundraising
• CFRE Review Course
• AFP Webinars
• Nonprofit Management Institute
• ACFRE Certification
• CFRE Certification
• AFP Merchandise
Available Chapter Benefits
• Member Discounts on Educational Programs
• Member Discounts on Chapter Conferences
• Member Discounts on National Philanthropy Day events
• Volunteer Opportunities
• Chapter Scholarships
• Chapter Website
• Chapter Job Banks
For other questions about joining AFP Golden Horseshoe, contact membership.