Marnie Spears Bursary for Young or New Professionals
We are excited to offer this new bursary...launching in April 2018!
Here are the details:
AFP Golden Horseshoe is delighted to offer a Bursary in celebration of Marnie Spears and her stellar work as an advocate for Fundraising and her support of AFP Golden Horseshoe.
Marnie A. Spears, past President and CEO of KCI (Ketchum Canada Inc.) has played an integral role in developing KCI into Canada’s largest and most successful fundraising consultancy.
Her insightful relationship management, organizational health, and campaign strategies have helped pave the road to success for non-profits of all sizes. The transfer of her keen knowledge and expertise to clients in all areas of advancement, have helped to build a stronger, more viable philanthropic landscape.
Marnie Spears is an internationally recognized expert on fundraising and philanthropy and is a sought-after speaker and advisor to institutional leaders and senior professionals across the country.
The Marnie Spears Bursary for New or Young Professionals will support one new professional fundraiser (3 years or less experience as a professional fundraiser) or young professional fundraiser (30 years of age or younger). This bursary is being offered to the recipient for two years, in the amount of $400 per year, and may be applied to any one of the following:
- AFP Golden Horseshoe Fundamentals of Fundraising
- AFP Toronto Congress
- AFP International Fundraising Conference
- AFP Golden Horseshoe Education Events
Additional eligibility requirements:
- Be a member in good standing of the AFP Golden Horseshoe Chapter at the time of the application;
- Be employed as a fundraising professional OR if applicant is an executive director, 30% of their time must be devoted to fundraising OR if candidate is a consultant, 50% of their time must be conducted on behalf of other organizations to fundraising;
- Have not received a bursary from AFP Golden Horseshoe within the last calendar year and the current year;
- Submit this Bursary application form in its entirety by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 4, 2018
- Demonstrate some financial need on the part of their organization and/or the lack of a professional development budget;
- Agree to complete an evaluation report at the conclusion of the Conference or Course;
- Attend the entire conference or course;
- Agree to serve on an AFP Golden Horseshoe committee for a one-year term.
The application deadline is May 4, 2018
Act fast - you don't want to miss this opportunity to receive funding for TWO YEARS to support your philanthropic educational pursuits.