House of Friendship
At House of Friendship we believe in what we are doing. We get out of bed each day to make a difference in our community; to walk with and to serve. We are not happy with the status quo. We get energy from ongoing learning and growth. We lead with passion and believe without a doubt that everyone deserves to belong and thrive. We live and breathe our values of Compassion, Inclusion, Justice, Dignity and Hope. And we have fun!
Sounds pretty great doesn’t it? It is!
We are seeking a passionate, authentic, community-minded, donor-centric fundraiser to lead and grow our Annual Giving program in support of our Annual Operating Fund. Reporting to the Development Director, the Senior Development Officer* is accountable for the planning and execution of our annual giving program which includes direct mail, online, tribute, memorial and organizational giving, House of Friendship and third party events, as well as gifts in kind, with a focus on current and prospective donors.
*Note: This position may be filled as a Development Manager depending on the successful candidate, and will add the Donor Database Administrator as a second direct report.
You will be responsible for planning, executing and evaluating Annual Giving campaigns that deliver growth and an excellent donor experience, rooted in fundraising best practices. You will provide coaching and mentorship to one direct report and support the Development team’s broader objectives.
This is an ideal role for you if you love connecting with donors and are passionate about expressing gratitude every chance you get, if you are creative and flexible to adapt, grow and try new things as opportunities arise, if you can inspire colleagues (formally and informally) and lead fundraising campaigns independently with an excellent orientation to detail, analysis and follow through.
**This is a full-time, permanent position. 37.5 hours per week, typically scheduled Monday – Friday, day shifts with some evening and weekend work to support events as needed.**
Your key responsibilities include:
- Lead and execute a robust, growth-oriented, insight-based Annual Giving program for current and prospective donors, inclusive of all donor groups excluding major and planned giving, with a focus on continual improvement and fundraising best practices;
- Create compelling donor-centric communications for Annual Giving campaigns;
- Provide excellent donor appreciation and gratitude to ensure strong retention and donation growth;
- Develop tools and techniques to monitor and evaluate success, providing expert critical analysis of donor data and strategies to improve campaign performance and uncover insight-based donation growth opportunities;
- Provide leadership to optimize donor database use, analysis, reporting and processes;
- Ensure records of donor activities are kept current in the database;
- In collaboration with Development colleagues, create the annual Donor Communications & Stewardship calendar;
- Mentor, coach and support direct report as they lead our signature and third party events, corporate event sponsorships, and provide donor relations support for the Annual Giving program;
- Build relationships that inspire donors, volunteers and community partners to incrementally support our mission;
- Adhere to House of Friendship’s Stewardship Polices, recommending changes as needed;
- Track annual spending and fundraising results to budget;
- Collaborate with colleagues and contribute to achieve department and organizational objectives;
- Assist in or lead ad hoc Development or Cross-functional projects as assigned;
- Responsible for the healthy and safe operation of the program;
Your skills and experience include:
- A “fundraising practitioner” with a minimum of four (4) years demonstrated success in the social profit sector, leading and executing fundraising campaigns that deliver growth with current and prospective donors, with experience in direct marketing (mail, electronic), story-telling, providing excellent donor appreciation and experiences, and demonstrating the impact of donor support;
- Undergraduate degree required, with a focus in Communications, Fundraising, Business, or related field an asset;
- CFRE designation or progress towards it is considered an asset;
- Excellent written and oral donor-centric communication skills, including proven ability to build relationships with a wide variety of constituents including donors, sponsors, volunteers, community leaders/partners, and colleagues;
- Demonstrated people leadership skills with a passion for coaching and developing people using a strength-based approach;
- Proven collaboration, interpersonal, emotional intelligence and resiliency skills;
- Proven ability to track & analyze data that informs insight-based strategies, plans and decision-making, with a high attention to detail & accuracy;
- Experience developing and leading process-optimization;
- Strong aptitude and proven experience with Raiser’s Edge, NXT or similar CRM system;
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills;
- Self-directed with high capacity to management multiple priorities and timelines, with a high level of initiative and resourcefulness;
- Excellent ability to maintain confidentiality of key constituents at all times;
- Easygoing and approachable with a positive attitude;
- Demonstrated commitment to uphold the vision, mission and values of House of Friendship.
- As local travel is necessary, a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle is required.
If you are as passionate as we are about serving in this capacity, let’s talk!
Please submit your resume and cover letter by April 1, 2019: https://my.hirehive.io/house-of-friendship/jobs/42637/senior-development-officer-kitchener