Carizon Family and Community Services
Senior Development Officer
Are you passionate about contributing to the community? Are you interested in working for an organization that helps families when life is tough? At Carizon, we are excited about the work we do and the impact we have on the people we serve. We are an awesome workplace! We empower people throughout the organization to make decisions and encourage them to bring their whole selves to work. Are you interested in joining us?
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to the CEO, the Senior Development Officer will independently lead Carizon’s fund development strategy. You have accountability for planning, administering, advancing and implementing a strategy that meets the organization’s long-term strategic plan financial needs. You have the training and experience to be successful. You are not afraid to try new things and understand the importance of evaluating your successes and your failures. You are highly organized, creative, have exceptional communication and people skills and are passionate about making a difference in the lives of people who struggle with mental health challenges.
• Develop short term and multi-year fund development strategies and goals to meet annual budget and long term strategic financial needs of the organization.
• Develop targets, implement and evaluate results for strategies on monthly annual giving, major donor gifts, legacy gifts and grant proposals.
• Plan, recommend and lead donor relationship management strategies and cultivate and maintain relationships with new and existing donors.
• Develop goals and strategies for sustainable unrestricted funding sources • Collaborate with leaders across the organization to inventory specific needs and develop approaches for fundraising to meet designated needs.
• Implement a new donor management system, including guiding the set-up of the system and maintaining and administering it. This includes co-ordination with finance of timely receipting
• Develop and maintain a pipeline and movement strategy for individual and corporate donors
• Manage special events related to fundraising objectives and support 3rd party fundraisers.
• Coordinate and communicate with finance department to identify and review targets and performance against such targets
• Identify opportunities for and write compelling grant proposals to funding organizations as part of the ongoing fund development strategy
• Build the capacity of the fund development team through mentoring and guiding the resource development coordinator
• Establish positive relationships and engagement opportunities with community leaders, corporations and decision-makers.
• Keep abreast of developments in the NFP sector including trends in giving, legislative changes, emerging threats, charitable receipting obligations and rules and new directions.
• Plan and coordinate donor recognition strategies and events.
• Ensure confidentiality of donor information.
• Post-secondary degree in development, communications, marketing or related field
• CFRE designation an asset
• Minimum seven years fundraising experience in the not-for-profit sector
• Demonstrated project management / event planning skills
• Strong relationship skills
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Competency in Microsoft Office and fundraising systems
HOW TO APPLY: Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume (in confidence), before 4:00 p.m. on the last day of this posting to: Human Resources via email: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the competition number in the cover letter and email subject line. We request that candidates please send their cover letter and resume together as one combined document (Word.doc, PDF etc.).
*Carizon is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity. At Carizon, we believe that diversity enriches our performance, clients, services offered, the communities where we live and work, and the lives of our employees. Should you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources (email@example.com).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
SALARY: Management Grade E-F $36.87 to $51.24 per hour
EMPLOYEE GROUP: Non-Union
STATUS: Permanent, Full-time
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours/week
SCHEDULE: Monday to Friday
COMPETITION NUMBER: 34-19 (NUC-32)
POSTING PERIOD: August 9 – 30, 2019
START DATE: To be determined