St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation - Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts (Permanent Position)
About St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton:
As a premier academic and research healthcare organization, St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton (SJHH) is committed to making a difference in people’s lives and creating a lasting future for our community through integrated health services and internationally recognized programs. Our threefold mission is to provide dynamic research, revolutionary methods in health sciences education, and the highest standard of clinical care in a spirit of compassion, innovation and commitment.
About St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation:
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation works with the community to secure donations that help our Hospital to purchase life-saving equipment, to fund healthcare research and facility renewal, and to comfort and care for the patients we’ve been honoured to serve since 1890. Every gift to St. Joe’s supports hope, healing and discovery at our Hospital.
We are recruiting a dynamic, enthusiastic and results-driven fundraising professional to join St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation as the Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts. Reporting to the Manager, Major Gifts the Senior Development Officer plays a lead role in ensuring the success of the department and will be responsible for advancing the mission of St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation by fostering strong relationships with friends and donors, and generating philanthropic support from individuals, corporations and foundations.
In collaboration with the Major Gifts team, the Senior Development Officer will:
- Manage a personal portfolio of prospects ($25,000+) using a focused, strategic and accountable approach of moves management.
- Develop and implement comprehensive, individual plans for identifying, assessing, qualifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations to meet objectives.
- Personally conduct a pre-determined number of one-on-one visits with prospects on a monthly basis to secure major gifts and planned gifts.
- Work with the President & CEO, Vice-President, Development, and selected volunteers in moving top prospects through the donor cycle. This will involve the preparation of strategies, briefing notes and proposals.
- Work collaboratively and strategically with members of the Foundation staff, fundraising volunteers, and Hospital personnel to achieve goals.
- Work closely with other areas of the Foundation (i.e. Director, Special Events and the Director, Marketing & Communications) to develop donor relations plans and to maximize leadership gift opportunities.
- Develop an understanding of the redevelopment, research, educational, clinical and financial needs and goals for approved Hospital fundraising projects.
- Assist in other duties as required in furthering the goals of the Major Gifts team and the Foundation.
- Successful completion of post-secondary education i.e. University degree or college diploma.
- 5+ years of fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated success in personally securing and stewarding major gifts.
- Experience in creating and presenting compelling proposals to donors.
- Strong communicator, including writing, interpersonal & presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple and changing demands.
- Strong knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software.
- Strategic thinking and attention to detail.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as a team player.
- Healthcare philanthropy experience is an asset.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary will be commensurate with skills and experience.
Please send resume and cover letter stating your salary expectations to:
St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation
Attn: Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts Posting
224 James Street South
Hamilton, ON L8P 3A9
Or email to:
email@example.com with heading: Senior Development Officer, Major Gifts
Thank you for your interest in working with St. Joseph’s Healthcare Foundation; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.