The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA
The Hamilton/Burlington SPCA (HBSPCA) was founded in 1867. Our mission was animal protection and our focus was working animals. Today, 132 years later, the HBSPCA focus is keeping pets and people thriving together. Community partnerships and donor support enable the rescue and rehoming of neglected and abused pet companions, veterinary care for pets belonging to persons and families in need, and the prevention of unnecessary admission to shelter. Pet visiting programs touch the lives of children, students and seniors.
The HBSPCA is a donor based and non-profit animal welfare charity. The HBSPCA is seeking a Fund Development Manager to fortify our development programs and grow them.
Why consider this opportunity?
• The position is a leadership track opportunity
• Build a multi-year Fund Development program.
• Participate in a learning organization with a track record of participating in pilot projects for best practice improvement and knowledge transfer.
• Join a respected charitable organization having received a Hamilton Spectator Readers’ Choice Award - Best Charitable/Non-Profit Organization - Diamond Level. (Fall 2017), sustained relationships with national organizations including PetSmart Charities of Canada™, Royal Canin and Cat Healthy™, and presented annually over three years at Humane Canada’s National Animal Welfare Conference.
• Know that every day donors and supporters are keeping pets and people thriving together.
Reporting to the CEO, the Manager Fund Development is responsible for growing fund revenue through a variety of channels including annual campaigns, events and major gifts. The Manager Fund Development, together with the Board and Team Leadership fosters a culture of building and stewarding donor relationships. Managing the Development Team, the Manager works toward prospecting for success and raising funds to support the mission. The successful candidate is an ambassador for the HBSPCA mission and vision and communicates the cause with knowledge, passion and persuasion. Please visit www.hbspca.com for additional information.
Skills, Experience & Knowledge
• Minimum 5 years of demonstrated success in fund development in a non-profit organization.
• Strong track record managing and building annual giving and peer to peer fundraising.
• Demonstrated strong interpersonal and networking skills.
• Three to five years’ experience managing a team and several years’ experience actively working with volunteers.
• Demonstrates maturity and resilience and is collaborative.
• Excellent written & oral communication with the ability to professionally position HBSPCA’s cause to potential donors.
• Advanced experience with Raiser’s Edge, multi-tasking and project management.
• University or College education.
• Knowledge of companion animal welfare, sheltering and rescue work is an asset.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and access to an automobile.
• Must provide a clear motor vehicle Abstract and a standard Background Vulnerability Police Check.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest in confidence to email@example.com no later than 5 p.m. on January 21, 2019.
We thank all applicants for applying. However, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.