CWB Welding Foundation
The CWB Welding Foundation is a national registered charity that relies on the support of industry and community organizations to address the welding skilled trade shortage in Canada. Through education based programs and initiatives, we continue to reduce barriers that affect key groups; elementary, secondary, and post-secondary students and educators, Indigenous, women, and the underrepresented. We envision a future where all individuals are encouraged and provided the support needed to reach their true potential in a career in welding regardless of identity factors, social and financial status, and lived experiences including gender, age, ethnicity, language, literacy, culture, income, and geographical location.
Our Vision: to support Canadian welding industry in having a sustainable labour supply of skilled welding professionals that contribute to our economic prosperity.
Our Mission: to forge partnerships between industry, education and government that enable Canadians to build great careers in the welding industry, through encouraging awareness, training, the promotion of best practice
The Manager, Fund Development is an experienced fundraiser, who will primarily support the Executive Director in building a robust and sustainable external fundraising program and achieving the external fundraising goals of the organization. Direct responsibilities include prospect identification and research, prospect exploration, cultivation and relationship development, and supporting and developing proposal strategy, solicitation plans and stewardship communications. This includes support and collaboration in the development of the Foundation’s case for support, and the preparation of compelling grant applications and proposals. This position will have senior level administrative responsibility for the implementation and management of the donor management system, Raiser’s Edge.
To help advance the Foundation’s vision and priorities, this new role will be responsible for securing gifts primarily from corporate donors, foundations and individuals who are involved in the welding and fabrication sector, whether large multi-national businesses involved in major traditional or newly emerging industry initiatives, suppliers, organizations with a mandate for community investment in underserviced communities, and all who support the access to and provision of quality educational opportunities for employment development to all Canadians, including underserviced, Indigenous, and new Canadians. This role will also encompass outreach across the CWB Group, its Chapters and Association members, to further build awareness, our network of support, and cooperative investment in the welding sector.
This position is based out of the Milton office and will report directly to the Executive Director, CWB Welding Foundation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Fundraising and Donor Development
- Donor Communications
- Systems Administration
- A relevant post-secondary education
- Commitment to ongoing professional development, CFRE designation or in process would be an asset
- Fundraising experience and success preferably in a mid-sized not for profit organization
- Familiarity with Corporate social responsibility programs
- 3-5 years fundraising experience
- Extremely effective interpersonal skills with a professional presence and manner, capable of exercising independent judgement, initiative and flexibility
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, work proactively, and manage competing priorities in a complex environment
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills with exacting attention to detail
- Superb critical and analytical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to speak confidently to individuals and groups in a variety of settings.
- Proficient in MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint). Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in Raisers Edge or equivalent donor management system.
- Positive attitude; ability to take responsibility and be accountable; ability to deal with change in the workplace and be innovative; respect for others.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle. Ability to travel throughout Canada is required.
- A criminal record check is required.
- Office environment with limited flexibility to work from home, some requirements to work outside of regular office hours.
- Bilingualism in English and French is an asset
Foundation Website: https://www.cwbweldingfoundation.org/
For more information and to apply visit: https://www.cwbgroup.org/about/careers/manager-fund-development-cwb-welding-foundation