The Mississauga Food Bank
The Mississauga Food Bank’s (TMFB) vision is a Mississauga where no one goes hungry. We work toward this vision by sourcing, managing, and distributing healthy food.
Is this role for you?
Do you have courage and passion to ask for funds on behalf of our hungry neighbours in Mississauga?
Do you have the charisma and discipline to form relationships that get you face-to-face with people who are capable of giving gifts of $5,000+?
Do you want to actively participate as a member of our enthusiastic, talented, honest team?
You will be responsible to:
- Lead all aspects of individual and foundation giving, ensuring that as many donors as possible are retained and upgraded in their giving
- Significantly grow revenue from middle ($500-4,999) and major donors ($5,000+)
- Grow revenue from family and corporate foundations
Key Performance Areas:
Middle/Major Gifts: (35%)
- Optimize and implement the strategy and solicitation plan for middle donors/ prospects (approx. 200 donors)
- Build and maintain relationships with current major donors (approx. 10 donors)
- Research, identify and qualify a caseload of prospects and create goals for each donor, taking into account their interests, motivations, giving patterns and ask preferences
- Work with program staff to secure project information to create proposals and asks and reports on the impact of donor gifts
- Build a communication and ask plan for each donor, and execute that plan including conducting face-to-face meetings, including direct gift solicitations and submitting customized proposals. You will need to develop tools and collateral as needed
- Solicit tribute and planned gifts as per donor interests/wishes
Foundation Fundraising: (25%)
- Research prospects, and craft and submit proposals, ensuring requirements and deadlines are met
- Provide reports and steward previous foundation donors
Direct Response: (25%)
- Partner with our direct response vendor to guide development of multi-year and annual plans to acquire new donors and increase individual and overall revenue
- Provide input to other staff to integrate digital and phone appeals with direct response
- Collaborate with the team to implement best-in-class recognition and stewardship
- Track activity and maintain accurate, up-to-date records in the donor database (Raiser’s Edge 7 / RE NXT). Utilize Trello to track other due dates and tasks.
- Create reports as required that accurately reflect caseload activity and progress towards achieving critical metrics
- Other duties as required and assigned
- 3+ years of fundraising experience with proven results in closing gifts from individual donors and foundations at the $5,000+ level and a solid knowledge of direct response methodologies. Proven success in grant and proposal writing
- Tact, diplomacy and good judgment when forming relationships
- Strong organizational and self-management skills and a focused and patient approach to fundraising
- Articulate and persuasive oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and presentation abilities
- Demonstrated experience with customer management systems (CMS) or other moves-management systems, Raiser’s Edge preferred
- Function well in an environment with specific and measured targets
- Strong MS Office and/or Google Apps for business skills (all programs)
- A reliable source of transportation and a G driver’s license
Reporting: To the Director of Marketing and Development
Position Type: Full-time (38 hours/week), some evening and weekend work required
Pay: $50,000 - 70,000; plus funding for professional development, a comprehensive benefits plan including matched group RRSP (after 3 months’ employment), paid mobile phone, and paid vacation time. Lieu time can be accrued for evening/weekend hours worked.
Environment: We value the contributions of our staff, so we have a professional work space, up-to-date technology, and a lunchroom with healthy snacks and all the tea or coffee you can drink! The staff team laughs a lot, pitches in during those “all hands on deck” times, and enjoys celebrating at outings a couple times a year.
To Apply: Apply through Charity Village