Victorian Order of Nurses for Canada Ontario Branch
VON Middlesex Elgin is looking for a passionate, creative and organized individual who will manage and cultivate community and corporate relationships and further enhance the Fund Development Department.
- Assist Manager, Fund Development in meeting VON Middlesex-Elgin fund development objectives
- Assist Manager, Fund Development on various committees and meetings as required
- Manage the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of all activities related to the organization’s two signature events, including budgets
- In coordination with the Manager, Fund Development identifies and secures corporate partnerships to increase revenue and participation.
- Develop sponsorship opportunities, acquisition and recognition
- Meet fundraising goals and maximize events through building relationships with corporate/community partnerships and participant recruitment.
- Organize and maintain files, reading materials, handouts and records relevant to activities for all events.
- Manage the recruitment and retention of fundraising volunteers and volunteer committees, ensuring they have the appropriate expertise and skills to implement successful events/programs.
- Ensure appropriate recognition for donors and volunteers
- Coordinate internal events such as the AGM and VON Week
- Develops and manages local service club portfolio including annual mail solicitation
- Assist in the identification, design and implementation of new fundraising opportunities
- Represent the organization at events and public speaking engagements
- Assist with annual statistical analyses of fund development activities
- Uses data management system (Raiser’s Edge) to ensure the accurate and timely recording and reporting of data
- Promotes the strategy of VON and the role of the organization as a community care provider to all stakeholders and staff
- Develops effective internal relationships across departments to facilitate employee giving campaign and employee education sessions
- Post-Secondary Education
- Knowledge and experience in fundraising and not-for-profit sector
- A minimum of three (3) years professional fund development experience with an emphasis on event planning, including experience with budget management, hands-on event planning and execution
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, writing and organizational skills
- Professional manner with strong customer service skills
- Strong creative capabilities
- Well organized approach to event management including developing strong relationships with volunteers and sponsors, project management and time management
- Demonstrates initiative and flexibility
- Works well independently or as part of a team
- Thrives in a busy environment
- Literate in computer programs including Microsoft Office products, Raisers Edge, Publisher, Adobe
- Experience with managing social media and e-philanthropy is an asset
- Must be able to work outside normal business hours
- May be required to assist with other functional areas of the organization
- Must have a personal vehicle and possess both a current driver’s license and proof of vehicle insurance
- A current and original copy of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check is required upon the start of your employment
- A vulnerable Sector Search and/or Child Abuse Registry Check may be required
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced Environment; Attention to Detail; Lift and carry using appropriate lifting techniques; Bend, push, pull, grip, reach, kneel, crouch using good body mechanics; Walk, sit, stand, climb stairs; Fine hand movements
VON Canada is committed to meeting the needs of persons with disabilities and to providing accessibility accommodations for candidates who require them. If you are in need of accessibility support, please visit our website at http://www.von.ca/en/accessibility for further information and contact details